• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Ula, Nula or Forbes

Totally get that, my ULA is ton loads easier to shoot well with it's number two contour.

I did take a 84M Montana and add a heavier contour (.62"at 23") in 8 twist 22/250AI and that one is a beast on and off the bench!

Absolutely love my ULA/270, what a fantastic present that would be! I bought mine for my 60th a while back. Fantastic piece, I had a 22/250 with 8 twist on order from Melvin, unfortunately he sold the biz
Dogz, sure sounds like you don't really like that 270. Probably should just sell it.....somebody like me would probably buy it :)

Over on 24hourcampfire, Longshot has 3 Colt Light Rifle/NULA conversions for sale that were sent to Melvin for NULA stocks, Timney triggers, and Douglas Barrels for sale I think $2400 each. One is a 270 w. 24" barrel and 13.5" LOP. I have a couple of these conversions and they are nice and shoot well. Basically the only thing Melvin kept is the Colt Light Rifle Action. Everything else is NULA. Longshot who has them listed is a good seller as well. Just sayin.

Over on 24hourcampfire, Longshot has 3 Colt Light Rifle/NULA conversions for sale that were sent to Melvin for NULA stocks, Timney triggers, and Douglas Barrels for sale I think $2400 each. One is a 270 w. 24" barrel and 13.5" LOP. I have a couple of these conversions and they are nice and shoot well. Basically the only thing Melvin kept is the Colt Light Rifle Action. Everything else is NULA. Longshot who has them listed is a good seller as well. Just sayin.
Roger. Thanks for the heads up. I sent him a message.

Outkast Arms is still doing Colt light rifle conversions out of Melvin's old shop, I just talked to them the other day.. great guys.. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call, I'm planning on sending them an action in the near future and getting something built.

Outkast Arms is still doing Colt light rifle conversions out of Melvin's old shop, I just talked to them the other day.. great guys.. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call, I'm planning on sending them an action in the near future and getting something built.
Roger. That is good to know. I'll have to follow up with them. Glad to know someone is still at the helm for ula service that will keep the standard of service and quality