Two Shots--2 down

wyowinchester

Went with my granddaughter and son Sun. About an hour and a half of hiking before sunrise.
We finally located some elk. Set her up on my pack and waited for a cow to stop in the clear.
She was shooting her 6.5 creedmor with 129gr SST. Right at 300yds. My boy was waiting for the bang and he was going to
try for the double. Cow, calf, bull, bull, two,, Finally one stopped to take a bite. Boom, three seconds later boom. I lost hers in the crowd as they swarmed. Boy yells out "one down". As I watched the mass start to walk off. One stayed put. Got her. As the mass started to run up the hill, she fell down it. Two down 25yds apart. Entered in the ribs, and stopped in the far should bone. She done great.

Attachments

• two elk.jpg
    two elk.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 434
  • 100 ELK.jpg
    100 ELK.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 413
Went with my granddaughter and son Sun. About an hour and a half of hiking before sunrise.
We finally located some elk. Set her up on my pack and waited for a cow to stop in the clear.
She was shooting her 6.5 creedmor with 129gr SST. Right at 300yds. My boy was waiting for the bang and he was going to
try for the double. Cow, calf, bull, bull, two,, Finally one stopped to take a bite. Boom, three seconds later boom. I lost hers in the crowd as they swarmed. Boy yells out "one down". As I watched the mass start to walk off. One stayed put. Got her. As the mass started to run up the hill, she fell down it. Two down 25yds apart. Entered in the ribs, and stopped in the far should bone. She done great.
Very nice !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.