Turret movement on a Sightron SIII

calling4life

they'll move if your pulling a gun in and out of an eberlestock pack.

when you're racking one into the chamber check for the zero, not too big a deal.

though both my optics now have locking turrets.

jpd676

I would say too loose also. I had my elevation move an entire rotation on a pack trip (5 miles). I love the SIII but my only gripe is the loose turret. I just put a neoprene cover on it and seems to stop the movement.

ZSteinle

+1 for too loose. Only reason i sold them was the turrets. Needs zero stop and locking turrets. Glass is TOP NOTCH for sure

CA48

They are to loose when carried out in the field with the caps off, mine has turret caps but I leave them off. It is not uncommon for my turrets to move a few clicks by the time I get set up and check my 0. Not really a big deal if you check your zero. That said, my SIII's turret detents are very positive and definite.

rangerman

Me and my two sons have owned 5 SIII's and have never had a problem. Yes, they are a little looser than my Nightforbut but are tight enough to work for us.The turrets are spot on and the optics are very good. I honestly don't think you can find a better long range scope for the money.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.