Turret movement on a Sightron SIII

they'll move if your pulling a gun in and out of an eberlestock pack.

when you're racking one into the chamber check for the zero, not too big a deal.

though both my optics now have locking turrets.

I would say too loose also. I had my elevation move an entire rotation on a pack trip (5 miles). I love the SIII but my only gripe is the loose turret. I just put a neoprene cover on it and seems to stop the movement.

+1 for too loose. Only reason i sold them was the turrets. Needs zero stop and locking turrets. Glass is TOP NOTCH for sure

They are to loose when carried out in the field with the caps off, mine has turret caps but I leave them off. It is not uncommon for my turrets to move a few clicks by the time I get set up and check my 0. Not really a big deal if you check your zero. That said, my SIII's turret detents are very positive and definite.

Me and my two sons have owned 5 SIII's and have never had a problem. Yes, they are a little looser than my Nightforbut but are tight enough to work for us.The turrets are spot on and the optics are very good. I honestly don't think you can find a better long range scope for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts