Tumbleing loaded ammo ???

Don't worry, you aren't going to get impact ignition of the primers. It takes a piercing action with a pointed object with velocity (firing pin with released spring tension) to initiate a primer. That won't happen in a tumbler (unless you load it and throw the whole shebang against a wall) and one of the primer ends is perfectly aligned with another meplat and the melpat has to be pointed and hard enough to provide a piercing action...

Highly unlikely.

I have a lee loadmaster and I set off a primer once. It was a CCI small pistol primer. It went off with a bang and puff of smoke. It was a big enough bang to make me almost jump out of my reloading chair.

I would be hesitant to do this. It is very possible that the tumbling action on the powder granuals could effect the shape/size and therefore the powder density in the loaded case. Additionally, changing the polish/surface characteristics of the bullet surface/meplat, or dust entering the hollow point on target bullets is a question as well. IMO.
What about using a vibrating cleaner with walnut media?

Has anyone loaded a couple rounds, tumbled them for 10 min, then pulled them apart and done a visual comparison of the vibrated powder to new powder from the can???

That may be enlightening

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.