Tulammo psa/warning

SilverbulletMAG

It's no secret that Tulammo is garbage. What I didn't know was that this stuff is seriously dangerous! I'm a reloader and 99% of the time I roll my own. However, I use cheap ammo from time to time when sighting in a new scope or breaking in a new rifle.

While at the range today sighting in a 308 (bolt action) I had quite the surprise when I pulled the trigger on my 3rd shot and the magazine exploded out the bottom of the rifle shooting pieces everywhere. Luckily nobody was hurt but it definitely got my attention. The case ruptured and that is what caused the magazine to explode and also took out the ejector on the bolt.

When I got home I was about to throw every remaining box of this *(@$#* in the trash but as I took a closer look, I noticed several of them had what appeared to be WAAAY to tight of a crimp. Decided to pull a few rounds and sure enough, several of these were crimped so tight they are more like bombs at this point. Suffice to say I will never touch this Tulammo again. Fair warning to anyone else using this stuff as cheap plinking ammo....look your ammo over closely if you keep using it!
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Was that steel cased ammo? I would say for you to contact whoever you purchased that ammo from and at least give them a heads up. Glad you are OK.....
I have used Wolf steel ammo in my 6.5 Grendel for the same reason you mentioned but have never had any trouble. Even though their bullets are .262 not .264, they sometimes shoot fairly well, around MOA.

something more that a over crimped bullet, that night be over in dia from crimping, caused the issue.
report it to the ammo company

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.