Tubb's Final Finish Bullets???

Kaboom

I have a rem 700P in .338LM and now that I've figured out the problem of excessive fouling due to a rough bore, I'm wondering about using Tubbs bullets to smooth the bore. I've now got a load that will shoot 1 ragged hole out of a clean barrel but fouls VERY quickly. Anyone have any dealings with these, or any other suggestions. Thanks for your help in advance.
Tim

I have only done one barrel with it and it made a huge difference in the amount of work to clean.
The barrel had a tight .298 bore and had probably not been lapped as the reamer marks were quite easy to see.
I used the whole 50 bullet kit and followed the directions to the letter.
Now the jacket fouling starts about 18" down the barrel and from there on it is very light and comes out easily.
Velocity dropped 200fps.
Accuracy improved but I haven't tried to put a number on it.
Cliff

I have done a lot of them also, mostly winchesters and remingtons, but it works well. I shoot 5 and clean rather than the recommended 10. it has made cleaning easier 100% of the time and group tighter probably 50% of the time.

Thanks Mike, just what I was hoping for. Nice Bear! I took one on Kodiak last year, hunt of a lifetime!!!!! Also love your motto about overkill. My motto for buying handguns;0):D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.