Trying to decide Savage vs Browning

After a post I made earlier I need to change my choice of both being a solid choice. I owned a pre accutrigger savage and it was a good rifle for the $$. Shot .75 moa all day. My friend wanted a bargain deer gun and purchased a savage axis. First outing and 20 shots w/factory ammo = 2" groups. Second outing = 2" groups and started to get misfires. After doing a search I realize that this is a ongoing issue with savage and the accutrigger and the torque on the action screws. Definitely not the rifles they used to be!

Thanks for everyone's responses. All have been helpful and to be honest, have made me decide not to purchase. 😩
The HC on gunbroker I was watching at $1299 never got a bid and relisted at the same price. Makes me wonder if that price isn't a bit high.

Thanks for everyone's responses. All have been helpful and to be honest, have made me decide not to purchase. 😩
The HC on gunbroker I was watching at $1299 never got a bid and relisted at the same price. Makes me wonder if that price isn't a bit high.
Also, I've checked and I can custom build with a savage type action, and a criterion barrel exactly what I want for $1500 to $2000 depending if I go with a savage factory action or an upgraded aftermarket Such as bighorn arms.
Ive never done such a project but I believe I'm going to give it a try.
thanks again for all the info.

Savage for me..:browning is definitely a "nicer" gun, better finish, more aesthetically appealing pleasing, etc. savage is an inexpensive workhorse, who care if it's ugly haha. I base my opinion on an experience or two (or 8) from my college years, really made a few peers of mine angry…they had much "nicer" looking Brownings, Remingtons, and tikkas and stupid old me had to go and consistently outshoot them with my cheap ugly savage. Smug satisfaction 🥴

I just bought my first Savage in an ultralite in a 6.5 PRC. This is one of the most accurate out of the box rifles I have ever owned. I hate the feel of the action. It feels cheap and the bolt removal system on savages is ridiculous. But that being said all the savages I've been around are super accurate. I have several rifles Christensen arms, sako, custom builds, and browning. My ultalite is as accurate if not more accurate than any of them!

I just bought my first Savage in an ultralite in a 6.5 PRC. This is one of the most accurate out of the box rifles I have ever owned. I hate the feel of the action. It feels cheap and the bolt removal system on savages is ridiculous. But that being said all the savages I've been around are super accurate. I have several rifles Christensen arms, sako, custom builds, and browning. My ultalite is as accurate if not more accurate than any of them!
That's what I've found with my Ultralight in 280 AI. The AccuTrigger is a little goofy, I had problems at first since the factory shipped it with a trigger pull below 1 lb. Once I figured that out, I'm doing load development with 6-7 loads below .700, and one load at .316. It's not real pretty, but it's a darn accurate working gun at a great price.

That's what I've found with my Ultralight in 280 AI. The AccuTrigger is a little goofy, I had problems at first since the factory shipped it with a trigger pull below 1 lb. Once I figured that out, I'm doing load development with 6-7 loads below .700, and one load at .316. It's not real pretty, but it's a darn accurate working gun at a great price.
I have Proof Barrels on some of my other rifles. I'm sure that helps Savage Ultralte rifles accuracy. Haven't had any problems with the Accutrigger .

It took a bit to get used to the "AccuTrigger" . I dropped it from mid 5s to 1.8. I love it.
A few friends with beautiful rifles at much greater $s than mine wonder how my Savage can be so accurate.

It may not be pretty, (neither am I), but it will put a bullet through a squirrels head at a 1/4 mile, repeatedly.

I also reload and my loads are fine tuned to my rifle.