Try a springer, you just might feel like a kid again.

All springers are sensitive to the way they are held. Some more than others. Learning the proper hold eliminates this issue for the most part.

Gas rammed guns are less hold sensitive but more expensive. My favorite of all the guns I've owned is the Beeman RX series or HW90 series (same gun).

You can also buy a tank for your PCP so the pumping can stop!

I still have a Benjamin pump from my kid years. Still very accurate, no hold sensitivity issues. I think the new ones allow a scope to be added too.

Buying a tank is the only way to go. However, there is no where around here to fill it. Therefore, it's out.
What's the new power plant similar to a springer? Does it have the same hold issue and spring recoil?
You are correct about the new Benjamin having a scope mount. Sounds like you really like it.

I like the Benjamin they just don't have the power and accuracy of the newer guns. and pumping gets old if you shoot a lot.

Im an old timer. Iv shot a Beeman R-1 17 Cal since the 1980s and since then a GS 1000 22 Cal. air rifles.Since retiring I started collecting and repairing old Benjiman , Sheridan, and Crosman made pump up air rifles which has turned out to a lot of fun for me. Of the lot pump ups , my Sheridan rocker safety 20 Cal. shoots the best groups...

The gas piston is a new incarnation of the springer air rifle. It replaces the spring in the rifle with a nitrogen charged strut (similar to the struts the hold the hood/hatch back on a car open). The are a bit less fussy than a spring and don't have the spring vibration. A friend of mine recently bought a Benjamin Nitro Piston rifle and did the rc car bearing mod in the trigger and it is a great little rifle. It is a 22 cal and will drive a Crossman premier completely through a pressure treated 2x4 (1.5 inch side). Once the trigger was modded it is a very accurate rifle. It has plenty of power to dispatch any pests you will encounter in your back yard. I will never get rid of my tuned 34...but I certainly may add one of the nitro piston guns to my collection.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.