Truck delivery

overbore

Chris, that is something special; what are the clicks; moa? Any zero stop or quick return to zero feature? How do we get that truck to deliver here? What does it have for a reticle? BTW, Kalinka is translating a 19 page manual for me. Any idea of at what power one ranges? Enjoy your scope and keep us posted when you test repeatability of W&E mechanism. Cordially, Overbore

Clicks 1/20miliradian - 5mm at 100m. Getting it in the US - well I'm sure I'll be able to help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif - Eventually though I'm pretty sure Kalinka will have them.
Reticle
Couple of piccies.
cjwret8x.jpg
cjwret16x.jpg
cjwret32x.jpg

at 8,16 & 32 mag.

Chris, I am of the school of matching- whether it is blonds, redheads -or scopes the clicks and the reticle must be the same units if one is going to keep the mind uncluttered with conversions and calculators as under "stress" buck or target feaver will rear its ugly head. I like the circles around the reference marks and the quick acquisition abilities with the inner circle. Have you seen the Horus H-45 reticle? An outer ghost ring keeps the eye/parallaz thing honest. Got my manual but no "power to range specific sized objects"--. I can reverse engineer using a 72" high target. What is your marketing position in the optics world? Ex-Im Type or Agent at large or just well connected? Many thanks, Overbore. ps those trucks you use do not float--. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a matching sort of guy too (except maybe in the Horus case - cos it doesnt matter). So the dimensions are % of Miliradian and the clicks as well - one click is the same as the small dots on this scope.

The H45 is nice 'cept I thing the big circle to far out.

Marketing/sales. My aim is to supply direct. I already move low end optics and used to do NV as well. Also I'm a trained "smith" though here getting the permits is too much hassle.

The US I'm sure will be "given" to Kalinka unless I shift HUGE quantities. But as it stands I'm not yet 100% happy to put my name to this. Needs a couple of (non-optical) things sorting.

LRH guys will get special deals. Still a fair way to go though.

Chris, a few clen-up items: Horus clicks are .250"/moa. Source my scope and their published data. H-45 outer ring is a cheek-stock weld improver ( no such terminology but there is now ) ; military has decided that H-45's simple ret. is too cumbersome so it has been dumbed down to the H-48 for fast multiple targets. Looking for an "after market" H-45 because of my major shoulder rebuild--. I am a two your user of full Horus system and for long range one shot hits it is great given all the variables in powder burn vs. temp, air density changes, wind and target speeds--. I believe the best development in scope technology will be one like the Fat Albert you now have proto. of, that will include the LRF and a simple computer program to tap in the variables to have an on screen ( eye piece ) solution to all the factors very much like heads up display in modern military birds. I, pardon the pun, "see" a simple screw on cannon plug type device , field changable naturally, that would be the input source to the onborad ( in scope body ) computer. Overbore

[ QUOTE ]
I am a two your user of full Horus system ... I believe the best development in scope technology will be one like the Fat Albert you now have proto. of, that will include the LRF and a simple computer program to tap in the variables to have an on screen ( eye piece ) solution to all the factors very much like heads up display in modern military birds.

[/ QUOTE ]I've had my Horus since 2003 too. I'm aware of discussions to try and tie up RANGEFINDERS etc with scopes that adjust themselves (elevation primarily) AND even comunicate with the guns themselves. More I cant say as it would give away the source to their competitors.

Chris, no problem with close to the vest. Any chance of you locating a used H-45 Horus in a S&B? Horus here has a bunch on "field trials" that Uncle is not too motivated to return.
On Benchrest forum, one innovator has machined a one piece base mechanism whose built in moa may be altered to the scope and target. --about US $500-- stimulate the litle grey cells? Cordially, Overbore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance of you locating a used H-45 Horus in a S&B? Horus here has a bunch on "field trials" that Uncle is not too motivated to return.

[/ QUOTE ] SOMEHOW I doubt it. The 45 appeared abot the same time the USDDT got tough.
[ QUOTE ]
On Benchrest forum, one innovator has machined a one piece base mechanism whose built in moa may be altered to the scope and target. --about US $500-- stimulate the litle grey cells?

[/ QUOTE ] Yp seen it - way OTT - so therefore very nice. I'm working on something a little more rustic - sort of like the front mount of USO's SN9 crossed with a Sako Optilux and rear via shims. So pre-adjustable. But using EAW mounts on a 20MOA rail would work (I may even have to resort to this - drattit)

Chris, shims have a unique ability to disappear to unknown locations at the worst possible time--. Just nnodlin arround-- does the screw and indexed elevation system of an old Redfield 1,000yd iron sight have any potential applications in a new adjustble base? The large screw mechanism is more difficlult to loose in the field. Overbore

[ QUOTE ]
Chris, shims have a unique ability to disappear to unknown locations at the worst possible time--. Just nnodlin arround-- does the screw and indexed elevation system of an old Redfield 1,000yd iron sight have any potential applications in a new adjustble base? The large screw mechanism is more difficlult to loose in the field. Overbore

[/ QUOTE ]The idea is shim once. Basically a tilted rail alternative (esp for those who dont have comercial acces to this - airgunners). Once fitted NOT ADJUSTABLE. Adjustable mounts have a nasty tendency to vibrate loose. I'm a fan of the KISS system.

Chris, I have a new Stiller Predator action mated with a 1-11 twist Kreiger for 175 gr for F class competition. What Kalinka scope or brand X can you suggest? As I am a "super senior" no weight worries other than my own. Cordially, Overbore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris and All, Have you any experience with the "Ivey Design" Adjustgable Scope Mount? This appears to take away the problems of adjustment limits ( elevation ) with 1/8th moa scopes and the micrometer feature may give rock solid repeatable "return to zero" abilities. Ideas? Other than reduce the price, naturally-- Happy Easter All. Overbore

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.