Troubles with Steiner's new T5Xi 5-25x56 scope?

Joemac6324

I recently purchased a Steiner T5Xi 5-25x56 (made in USA) scope. I must admit I do not have experience with any of their other models, but I was really disappointed with the glass when compared wth a Nightforce NSX and Burris EXR. I have always heard great things about Steiner and wonder if maybe mine had a defect or something? Comparing the three side by side at 75yds and 150 yards, I was able to clearly make out the sign and blades of grass below it with both above mentioned scopes but not the Steiner. Anybody?

There are a few threads on "Sniper's Hide" "Riflescope" section. There are some complaints and additional info. There is also a guy from Steiner USA that hangs out there. Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction...usually German sourced optics tend to be pretty decent. Hope you can rectify your situation to your satisfaction.

http://snipershide.scout.com/forums/5511-sniper-s-hide-rifle-scopes

Wayne

I dont own the Steiner, but have looked through it on numerous ocassions. I found the example I spent time with to be an outstanding product. I also own a Nightforce NXS and there is no question that it too is an excellent product.

Perhaps the one you purchased has a defect of some sort. I would contact them and send it to them to go through. But, the two models I've examined have been outstanding.

Best of luck in getting a quick resolution to the problem.

You need to search around a bit. The OCULAR adjustment on this scope is very important.

I have an ATACR, and the new Steiner.....the optical quality of the Steiner is right there with my NF. I did, however have some issues with the anodizing on my scope turrets that were finally resolved by Steiner and Martin Knoll.

There are definitely some issues with these new scopes, but for the price I paid (1699.00) theres nothing that will touch it for the money.

There are a few threads on "Sniper's Hide" "Riflescope" section. There are some complaints and additional info. There is also a guy from Steiner USA that hangs out there. Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction...usually German sourced optics tend to be pretty decent. Hope you can rectify your situation to your satisfaction.

Sniper's Hide - Long Range Shooting, Precision Marksmanship, Gear Testing & Reviews - Scout Front Page

Wayne

Yep, the latest complaint that is kind of interesting is not a canted reticle but a reticle off center by quite a bit.

I'm waiting for the Nightforce ATACR F1.

Yep, the latest complaint that is kind of interesting is not a canted reticle but a reticle off center by quite a bit.

I'm waiting for the Nightforce ATACR F1.

I must admit......That ATACR F1 is an extremely attractive package! Having owned NightForce scopes in the past.......with the outstanding glass and features of this new model....that scope would easily be at the top of the list of contenders and for good reason. I can see why you're for waiting.

Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.