The new 5-25x56 PM II by Schmidt & Bender

Dobermann

This is from Schmidt & Bender:

The new 5-25x56 PM II by Schmidt & Bender:

These are the outstanding features of this new telescopic sight:

1. Magnification factor five:

In Europe, factor four is common between the smallest and the largest magnification of variable telescopic sights, in the USA rather factor three.
The new 5-25x56 includes a comparable 6-24x and extends this magnification downward as well as upward. Thus the shooter has a good overview of the terrain and a large field of view with the small magnification and can detect exact details with the maximum magnification.

2. Greatest possible adjusting path for trajectory compensation for up to 2000 m:

Owing to the central tube diameter of 34 mm and the new design of the corresponding internal components, it has been possible to realise an adjusting path of 270 cm/100 m. Moreover, the "double turn" solution already known from the PM II series offers the user complete awareness of the compensation adjusted. Subject to the corresponding ammunition, compensation for up to 2000 m is possible.

3. Parallax adjustment already from 10 m to infinity:

So far, the comparable type 3-12x50 has only permitted a parallax path between 50 m and infinity, as it is the case with most competing products. The parallax adjustment from 10 m offers applications for the new telescopic sight which have not been possible so far.

4. Convenient (für "griffig" finde ich keinen passenden Ausdruck) magnification changer with 180 ° adjusting path:

This detail adopted from the popular ZENITH series permits quick and precise magnification adjustment even at low temperatures and with gloves.

5. Excellent optical quality

By using novel types of high-quality glass, our optical designer has succeeded in producing
an optical system of extraordinary brilliance and natural image quality.

Moreover, newly calculated thin-film formulations ensure maximum transmission right until dusk.

If I get more info I will post it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dob

Thanks Doberman you have been a great help. I have not seen this information on either of S&B web-sites. Have you had any luck finding a pic of Pete's P4 reticle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Have had no luck with the P4 yet but am hoping that S&B will come through with some pics and dimensions etc!

Regards

Dob

I just got off the phone with Marcia at S&B in NH. She said she hoped to have something soon on the P4 reticle. Also the scopes may not be available until as late as Oct. This puts all the live varmints back under the dirt for me for the winter. I suppose it's just best to keep our collective trigger fingers crossed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P4 is a purely hash mark(no dots) version of the Gen 2 Mildot. It also has the bracketed step stadia for ranging 1m high targets at certain ranges. (like the AI version of the PMII has) Yours Truely had a large input on this reticle. Pete

[ QUOTE ]
P4 is a purely hash mark(no dots) version of the Gen 2 Mildot. It also has the bracketed step stadia for ranging 1m high targets at certain ranges. (like the AI version of the PMII has) Yours Truely had a large input on this reticle. Pete

[/ QUOTE ] I would think a real PAL would figure a way to post a pic of his reticle. After all, it is his pride and joy. The young Lady I talked with in NH. did say theses scope reticles would be in the second focal plane. This after I just warmed to the idea of the first focal plane! I wonder why they did that? Pete: you do say the lines are for ranging 1 meter high targets, is this for shooting Irishmen? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete
Are there any rough estimates of cost yet?
I guess it will unfortunately be astronomical.
APB

[ QUOTE ]
Pete
Are there any rough estimates of cost yet?
I guess it will unfortunately be astronomical.
APB

[/ QUOTE ] In an earlier post Pete did say from $2500.00 to $2800.00 USD. Lets hope that's way to high. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't suppose there will be enough of a demand to start a price war either. I recall that Pete said something about a deal? You might want to check with Pete!

I'm waiting on the new price list from the whole saler. I'll beat the UK price quoted definately ok,.
I've not got a picture of the reticule saved on this PC. but if you imagine a Gen 2 mildot. but instead of the dots add a hash mark 1 mil long. and instead of having the fatter portion towards the out side of the reticule the graduations or hash marks go all the way across the reticule.
I'll post a picture asap.
Pete

[ QUOTE ]
I'm waiting on the new price list from the whole saler. I'll beat the UK price quoted definately ok,.
I've not got a picture of the reticule saved on this PC. but if you imagine a Gen 2 mildot. but instead of the dots add a hash mark 1 mil long. and instead of having the fatter portion towards the out side of the reticule the graduations or hash marks go all the way across the reticule.
I'll post a picture asap.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks Pete, you know guys that Pete, he's real people! But Pete, what about the 1 meter thingy. is it for shooting one meter high Irishmen? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.