The new 5-25x56 PM II by Schmidt & Bender

Hell i never saw a boggy that was a meter high unless he had at least 6 inches of sheep dung under his wellies..
a human torsoe tends to be about 1m from groin area to top of head.
And the 5-25x56PMII is a 1st focal plain scope.
Pete

3sixbits, Pete,

Reminds me of the old squaddie joke:

'How do you wink at an Irishman?'

Can you remember it?!

The answer's not too PC -especially in these post-ceasefire days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hell i never saw a boggy that was a meter high unless he had at least 6 inches of sheep dung under his wellies..
a human torsoe tends to be about 1m from groin area to top of head.
And the 5-25x56PMII is a 1st focal plain scope.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ] That is good news about the first focal plane on the 5-25X56PMII. The lady at S&B in NH. said it was a second focal plane scope. Pete: whatever could Brown Dog mean by that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

700-must stress, this joke was about IRA/INLA etc types marring your fine country north of the border:

Answer: Mime holding a rifle at the shoulder. Now close your non-aiming eye.

Might read easier if it was updated to 'How do you wink at a fedayeen?' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thats right 700.. my Boggy thing was meant at the ters and not at the good irish folk,, ive had a bunch to do with irish boys over theyears and i know som,e fine fellows( i have a couple of RUC bloke who come over regular to shoot boar)
Wink at an Irish man was close both eyes and pull trigger if i remember right..I hope all that carry on is in the past,, cos we west Europeans are under a far greater threat than fron Protestant V Catholic each other.. **** i love it if i can laughj at my self,, you would be surprised how many Yorkshire man sheep shagging jokes i know..
Pete

Pete, Dog

My national pride promts me to be realy offended.

Oops! I think reality is taking over. That was actually funny.

I was studying in Queens in 92/93. The first 3 news articles on the BBC news every night concerned Belfast. The IRA were trying to get 1000lb bombs into Belfast. Hence the Army and RUC (police) had check points every 500 yards. Those guys were saints. Lucky for me, London was a hotter target than Belfast that year. You guys seem to be army or ex-army so you probably understand the complexities better than I do. Few people realise that the British army was initially mobilised in to NI to protect the Catholic / Nationalist community.

Thankfully things have calmed down over the last 10 years. Currently I think the Irish and UK governments have the IRA on the run. The loyalists seem to be behaving themselves quite well. The are not even robbing banks to fund the purchase of Bulgarian banks.

Pete, is there still a British zone in FRG

Rgds

"Yorkshire man sheep shagging jokes."

Sounds like a sex holiday in west Cork.

Back to optics. Can you give good prices on German optices. If you can I'll spread the word.

Rgds

700, the British Zone still exists, at least where my boots are standing!!.. it went from British Zone, to BAOR, to 1UKSC G. about halving the man power each time.
Optics, yes i can and do, and yes please feel free to spread the word, i can use all the free advertising i can get.
Pete

You and I may have passed each other in the street!

I was also in that city in 93. It was not unknown to find ourselves mooching about in the Botanic/Donegal Pass vicinity -your drinking ground from Queen's I imagine?

12 years, how time flies! Those 'days of disruption' certainly kept you on your toes. Hadn't thought about that for ages. Lawsuit for delayed PTSD coming your way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Always struck me as a cross between Glasgow and Edinburgh (but with rather more RPGs!).

My thoughts on NI were crystalised by Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee:

"It's like 2 fleas on the back of a dog arguing over who owns the dog" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(PS - If I had their train-set, I think I'd turn over a few banks too...I doubt the boyos majored on pension plans 12 years back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Thankyou 700.
here is about the best i can do for now guys, the folks at S&B are busy building scopes and not sorting paperwork etc.
5-25PMII.jpg

5-25x56PMII
field of view @100m : 1.6m(25x) - 5.3m (5x)
length: 410mm
obj diameter:lense =56mm Obj bell = 62mm
weight: 1080g
eye relief: 9mm
tube: 34mm
occular adjustment: + 2 dptr or - 3 dptr
elevation: total 26 miliradians (double turn) in .1milirad clicks
windage: + or - 6 miliradians in .1 milirad clicks
Paralax from 10m to infinity.
reticle in 1st focal plain.

[image]
]

the P4 reticle is likely to be something like this.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts