Tripod for Swarovskis- Your advice

glasser

I have a pair of 12x50 EL's and a tripod adapter, but I'm looking for a tripod that won't break the bank with a compatible head.What are you guys using? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Swaro EL's are not cheap and if you're that discerning about your glass I would not cheap out on a tripod. I have Swaro binos and spotter and I'm also in the Film and TV business. The convenience and stability factor of a solid tripod and head is worth the investment. Yep, you'll see great with the Swaros but it's irrelevant if they are shaking or cumbersome to function with.

My choice was a Gitzo GT3542L but there are other options out there. I'd very much recommend Benro as a quality option at a lower price but still not cheap.

Having spent the last 38 years working with tripods to make a living I can assure you the investment is worth it. Not a place to skimp when you have such fine glass.

Just my 2 cents worth!

~Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.