triple weigh your charges with almost no slowdown in loading

tailbon3

I am now weighing my powder charge twice with nearly no loading delay. And I get a bonus weight of the powder plus the bullet. Maybe someone else has figured this out but maybe not.
Here's my setup:
Hornady Lock n Load powder dispenser
single stage press
Inexpensive, yet surprisingly accurate digital scale from Amazon or ebay - cost less than 20 bucks

1. I set the LnL dispenser to my powder weight and hit the GO button
  2. While it is dispensing a powder charge, I put my empty/primed case on the cheap digital scale and hit the zero button (tare button actually)
  3. Once the powder is dispensed, remove the case from the cheap scale and fill it. Then put it back on the cheap scale. This gives me only the weight of the powder because I zero'd the scale to my case. Meanwhile the LnL is dispensing another charge
  4. Optional - seat the bullet and put it back on the cheap scale. Now you see the weight of the bullet plus the powder. That number should not vary from cartridge to cartidge much. If it does, you know something went wrong! (double powder charge or maybe a bullet that is too heavy/light)
  5. Right about now, a new powder charge has just barely finished up so I repeat the process!
So, there you go. Maybe you guys are already doing something like this. I love it because I don't have to worry about my hornady scale drifting (which it has done before)lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.