Triple Shocks in a 300Rum

cousehunter

I am considering loading the 168 grain Triple Shock in a 300Rum. Any experience or load data would be appreciated.

gjszabo,
Sorry I can't help. I have loaded the 180 TSX but not the 168 grainer. I was able to get the 180 grains of triple shock using 99.0 grains of Retumbo at 3480 f/s; pretty hot but no sticky bolts, or leaking primers... did get loose primer pocket holes. I say you should safely be able to get 3400 f/s with the 168 grainer. Has to be everything you need in North America. Be safe!

I found them to be a little on the hard side for my liking and the small deer we have down here , also I was shooting them out of a 308 which isin't gonna get nearly the speed you will.
I have since switched to the new Nosler 150gr Accu-bond and had great results but again I'd not shooting a monster case like your either

What is gonna be your intended target for this bullet and at what range

I haven't actually used any, but a few guys around the house load them with 110.5gr of 8700 with good results. If I'm not mistaken the max printed load is 113.5gr I believe. They said that they couldn't get that in the case though.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.