Trijicon Credo 2.5-15 vs Vortex Razor LHT

I've had both and the Creedo is a hands down better scope. If for no other reason than it will hold zero when you throw it on the back seat of the PU and drive on gravel roads. Turrets were mushy on the Vortex and it couldn't be trusted (along with several others that friends had) to hold zero. Creedo is solid.
I always wonder when I see these posts. Driving down a gravel road made it lose a zero? I have a couple of them, both 3 years old and neither has had an issue with zero. I did pick up the new Maven that passed a drop test so I'm not discrediting the drop test, I just don't understand how a scope could possibly lose zero driving down a gravel road. Sounds more like a ring issue (recoil) than a gravel issue.

Last edited:
Super helpful. Which reticle do you like more? LHT reticle is probably where I lean
I think LHT as well.

I like a 5x erector more than a 6x too. But both are useable.

Durability is a weird "thought" though. I mean, when you shoot at something and miss, we always look for reasons. If I'm shooting something I know to be proven can often have issues, it's really tough to shake that thought when you are hunting. I've personally never had an issue with my LHT. But next time I miss…..I know where my head will go.

I always wonder when I see these posts. Driving down a gravel road made it lose a zero? I have a couple of them, both 3 years old and neither has had an issue with zero. I did pick up the new Maven that passed a drop test so I'm not discrediting the drop test, I just don't understand how a scope could possibly lose zero driving down a gravel road. Sounds more like a ring issue (recoil) than a gravel issue.
Agree with this with a small counter.

I don't see how it could either. BUT

I also don't test my scopes or shoot as much as the folks doing the tests do. I (like I am assuming most) probably roll down the washboard road to sight in. Drop a few rounds down range. They hit about where I'd expect them and then I hunt. To be honest I'm not going to notice a 1/4 to 1/2 MOA shift and even if I did I probably wouldn't even adjust it.

I think that's the fidelity those tests are looking for and finding. In reality it may not effect 99% if hunters due to shot distances. Again a 1/2 MOA error at 500 yds is 2.5"…..ain't no one noticing it, but doesn't mean it didn't shift.

I think LHT as well.

I like a 5x erector more than a 6x too. But both are useable.

Durability is a weird "thought" though. I mean, when you shoot at something and miss, we always look for reasons. If I'm shooting something I know to be proven can often have issues, it's really tough to shake that thought when you are hunting. I've personally never had an issue with my LHT. But next time I miss…..I know where my head will go.
Yep, that **** nagging reliability concern from spending too much time on the internet convinced me to swap out the VX6hd 2-12 on my two primary hunting rifles for for 2-5-15 credos. Gained a couple ounces, but they are really nice scopes. I do really miss the Leupold scope caps though.