Trijicon Credo 2.5-15 vs Vortex Razor LHT

Kyle Wheeler

I really enjoy this magnification range on scopes. After using both of these I am still a little torn. Both tracked well for me and these are a few of my findings. Keep in mind these are both great japanese scopes but curious what others have found or prefer.

LHT pros:
-lightweight
-0.35 MOA center dot
-Outer lines really helped me zero in on center dot
-Elevation knob is locking

LHT cons:
-Windage knob is mushy
-Seems to scratch easily
-Parallax and zoom are stiff
-It was durable for me but it is very light so not sure if it would stand up to the same standards as Credo

Credo pros:
-Very tough overall
-Great illumination
-Windage turret more tactile
-Built in throw lever
-2.5X low end

Credo cons:
-Reticle a little thin for me at low light
-Few ounces heavier than LHT
-0.25 center dot. I did like the 0.35 on LHT for my eyes

What is your assessment on the glass? Light gathering and clarity edge to edge?
I would give slight edge to the credo but they were close enough it didn't bother me. I would also put VX5 in this category and being picky one might find one better but I was pleased with both scopes. Basically could tell they were Japanese glass. The LHT has the vortex tint but does seem to do well in glare. I didn't have to use either with sunshade. I forgot to mention the LHT sunshade is a nice addition and preferred the LHT eye box just a touch over the credo.

I've had both and the Creedo is a hands down better scope. If for no other reason than it will hold zero when you throw it on the back seat of the PU and drive on gravel roads. Turrets were mushy on the Vortex and it couldn't be trusted (along with several others that friends had) to hold zero. Creedo is solid.

I've had both as well. Had 2 credos with illumination problems. Trijicon made it right but it is a must feature for me in deep woods and canyons. I've also found that for knocking around in packs, trucks, and atvs the capped windage and locking elevation on the lht is one of my favorite features. I haven't had any issues with tracking or holding zero. The FOV on the lht gives me holdover out to 1k on my 280ai with 175s so i rarely have to touch or check any dials if I'm faced with a quick shot opportunity.

I have one of each and both serve me well. I prefer the Trijicon glass a little and have not had issues with adjustment knobs on either scope. I do not like the illumination adjustment on the Vortex at all! Do not like having to go to max to back down.

1704553881480.png

My vortex went down the road. Illumination button was maddening as you could punch it three times and it wouldn't change. Yes, I tried new batteries making the cap a little looser or tighter. Could I have sent it back, sure. I just don't keep anything presumed and paid new dollars for that doesn't work 100%.

My Gladiator went down the road without me too;)

My vortex went down the road. Illumination button was maddening as you could punch it three times and it wouldn't change. Yes, I tried new batteries making the cap a little looser or tighter. Could I have sent it back, sure. I just don't keep anything presumed and paid new dollars for that doesn't work 100%.

My Gladiator went down the road without me too;)
What did you replace it with?

Interesting timing on your post. I keep trying to find a scope better than the Vortex 3-15 LHT but it really does hit the mark for my definition of a near perfect Western hunting scope. I have taken multiple elk, used it without fail shooting to 1000 yards and beyond, and keep trying to find something better. I do have multiple VX5 3-15's and tend to like the clarity better than the LHT, however the reticle on the LHT continues to be the best for my use. Why Leupold doesn't make a better ballistic reticle on their VX5 and VX6 scopes is beyond me.

The Credo 2.5-15 is very interesting, but it still gives up 3 oz in weight to the LHT. If it is more durable, that would be a plus but only time will tell here. I'm very interested to hear from others that have both and can provide real-world experience. For what it is worth, I have had great luck with my LHT and three VX5's (no zero, illumination, or tracking issues), and have many harvested elk, deer, and antelope to show for them. My rifles/optics get used for hunting/long range shooting year round and bounced around rocky trails in vehicles, ATVs, and side by sides so I'd say I've put them all through challenging conditions.

Interesting timing on your post. I keep trying to find a scope better than the Vortex 3-15 LHT but it really does hit the mark for my definition of a near perfect Western hunting scope. I have taken multiple elk, used it without fail shooting to 1000 yards and beyond, and keep trying to find something better. I do have multiple VX5 3-15's and tend to like the clarity better than the LHT, however the reticle on the LHT continues to be the best for my use. Why Leupold doesn't make a better ballistic reticle on their VX5 and VX6 scopes is beyond me.

The Credo 2.5-15 is very interesting, but it still gives up 3 oz in weight to the LHT. If it is more durable, that would be a plus but only time will tell here. I'm very interested to hear from others that have both and can provide real-world experience. For what it is worth, I have had great luck with my LHT and three VX5's (no zero, illumination, or tracking issues), and have many harvested elk, deer, and antelope to show for them. My rifles/optics get used for hunting/long range shooting year round and bounced around rocky trails in vehicles, ATVs, and side by sides so I'd say I've put them all through challenging conditions.
That's great feedback on LHT. I do like it a lot just felt like credo is more durable. Both have similar reticles and I also found excellent for our to 1K. Thanks for sharing!

If anyone reads the durability testing on Rokslide, the credo passed and the vortex did not. These are pretty extreme test (drops up to 3' on hard surfaces) but I've been watching them for a few years and confident the trijicon is more durable.

I have both btw and bought a second trijicon. I do like the LHTs a lot though.

If anyone reads the durability testing on Rokslide, the credo passed and the vortex did not. These are pretty extreme test (drops up to 3' on hard surfaces) but I've been watching them for a few years and confident the trijicon is more durable.

I have both btw and bought a second trijicon. I do like the LHTs a lot though.
Super helpful. Which reticle do you like more? LHT reticle is probably where I lean