Trigger Tech Problem

docmark

I recently purchased a Trigger Tech Trigger for an early 70s model 700 Remington 270 cal. Everything went well as far as installing. I tested everything before replacing the stock and all was perfect. I installed the the front action screw and the rear action screw. When I installed the front trigger guard screw with the rifle cocked and safety off the rifle fires. It is repeatable and all works well when this screw is removed. I cannot see nor figure out why this would be happening. Any help is appreciated. Thank you-

Not a gunsmith..i kinda recall an issue like that....but want to guess here..release the rear screw some...then put the front guard screw in place....does it work correctly....like I said..guessing....

That a what mine was..now that I recall..had to grind the trigger down about 1/8"...the it all worked fine....it he'll getting old-r

If the bedding (or lug) isn't square the wide body of the Triggertech can contact the trigger guard. Might check for contact there. Safety levers can also bind up. Not saying that's your problem, just things I've seen.

Mine is a custom stock..same situation as North Idaho Hunter...cant bed the rifle up or trigger guard down...grind that trigger a little..give enough clearance...works perfect

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.