Trigger question

One more for Geissele.

Was going to ask this in a new thread but seems this is the place to ask it. Have any of you had troubles with your hammers on the timney or giesselle hitting the front part of your dpms lr308 lowers?

I put a Jard in an ar15 years ago. It is a nice trigger. It takes a while to setup.
I bought a Giessele?? SSA. It was worth every penny. I will buy more of them.
Wags

One more for Geissele.

Was going to ask this in a new thread but seems this is the place to ask it. Have any of you had troubles with your hammers on the timney or giesselle hitting the front part of your dpms lr308 lowers?

With or without the upper installed? The Geisselle hammer will hit the lower if the upper is not installed. Geisselle mentions that in the installation video on YouTube. Haven't had any problems with the hammer hitting anything it's not supposed to hit when the upper is installed.

One more for Geissele.

Nope. I run the SSA in my .308 and don't have a problem. I'll be switching to a SSA-E in the future.

I bought a new Colt LE6920-M4 last week and today I picked up a Giessele SSA-E which I will install by this weekend. Mine is pictured bellow.
My buddy has a 6720 with the SSA-E in it. This is a 3 shot target he shot with his. When the barrel heats up the groups get larger too.

joseph

Attachments

• MIKES TARGET .jpeg
    MIKES TARGET .jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 120
  • MY NEW M4 .JPG
    MY NEW M4 .JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 106
With or without the upper installed? The Geisselle hammer will hit the lower if the upper is not installed. Geisselle mentions that in the installation video on YouTube. Haven't had any problems with the hammer hitting anything it's not supposed to hit when the upper is installed.

I have some kind of error in the lower, the timney would not work, it would bind on the front of lower trigger housing (not milspec) which would bind up my bolt causing it to malfunction. The problem with the gieselle is it has a small raised portion on the front of the hammer which would contact causing light primer strikes. I remedied this by fileing this portion down until it did not hit. It now works great and is a 1/2 minute rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.