Trigger Pull

Mine are set at about 2.5 pounds. I hunt on hillsides frequently and it is very common to slip down on either leaves or gravel and I do not want to worry about the gun going off.

Secondly, I do not have what a person would call "sensitive" fingers and I want to know that my finger is actually in contact with the trigger before it goes off.

Growing up shooting factory guns and then in the army using guns with a lot of slack in them, I am happy and comfortable with slack as long as it is smooth slack.

I use 2 to 2.5 but as you can see everybodys got an opinion the works for them. I like a no creep trigger and about 2-2.5 pounds. For you it may not work.
This is what I suggest set the trigger where it is just slightly lighter than you would expect it to go off. (If your a danty man a 1 pound might work but if your a gorilla you might want 5 lbs just a little humor there).
I don't like to be much under 3 pound in a stalking rifle so I set it where I want it and load the mag box and don't chamber one before I need it. I have only missed one chance at a deer for this reason so I practiced this function a little and I find it is not problem. Any way that was my 5 cents worth.

Rh

Between 2lb and 3lb on most biggame rifles.

Most of my varmint rigs are set at 12oz. The varmint rigs are always carried unloaded and a shell isn't introduced until the scope is on target.

JD - Ones a 700 the other is a 721.

I ain't so hot when it comes to working on triggers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I set my Timney on the Mauser (now my son's) I used for 30 years and tho't it was pretty good. When I got it back from the rebarrel job it was set perfectly for weight and all the other good things. Wonderful.

The others were donw by smiths also and are perfect except for the pull weight. I'm kinda skeer'd to mess with them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.