trigger pull

leadhucker

I am building a 7 rem mag for a long range gun made by T.C. I am wondering if anyone knows how much deviation is in the trigger adjustment or if it would be better to replace the trigger with a Timney or another comparable trigger system? Thank You for your advise in advance.

I am building a 7 rem mag for a long range gun made by T.C. I am wondering if anyone knows how much deviation is in the trigger adjustment or if it would be better to replace the trigger with a Timney or another comparable trigger system? Thank You for your advise in advance.
Who is doing the build for you? TC has a limited but very dedicated following so the best advice would be to discuss it with your gunsmith who is doing the work for you. Depending on the model there may or may not be any aftermarket options for you.

TC's are not known for long range guns but I have known a few people who did very well with theirs out to as far as 600yds which for most hunters would be considered a very long shot.

Once you get hooked on the LR game though 600yds starts to become more of a chip shot though and stretching it beyond that becomes completely addicting.

Good luck, maybe some of our smith's will check in to this thread, if they don't you might want to try the gunsmithing subforum.

My TC venture breaks at 3.5 lbs and I can't get the adjustment screw to move I almost broke the Allen wrench. I have had my 30-06 to 1000 on steel its consistently a 1/2moa gun to 700 but never shot paper at 1000 just steel 12"×12" plate and bang it pretty consistently. I know of no aftermarket trigger but that doesn't mean there aren't any....

My TC venture breaks at 3.5 lbs and I can't get the adjustment screw to move I almost broke the Allen wrench. I have had my 30-06 to 1000 on steel its consistently a 1/2moa gun to 700 but never shot paper at 1000 just steel 12"×12" plate and bang it pretty consistently. I know of no aftermarket trigger but that doesn't mean there aren't any....
Most likely it's got some kind of locktite on it. Try a blow drier to sofen it nd give it another try.

If you are shooting that well with it breaking at 3.5 you'll probably amaze yourself if you can cut that in half.

That is a good idea I will try that as it will be a lot cheaper than a new trigger system if they make one other than T/C. Thanks

Most likely it's got some kind of locktite on it. Try a blow drier to sofen it nd give it another try.

If you are shooting that well with it breaking at 3.5 you'll probably amaze yourself if you can cut that in half.

I will try that, I would love to get that trigger lower.

That is a good idea I will try that as it will be a lot cheaper than a new trigger system if they make one other than T/C. Thanks

One thing I noticed (found out the hard way) the base screws are not secured mine went from cloverleafs to 1.5 couldn't figure it out it was the base screws. I tore it down to paint it and the action screws were also a little loose. So while it was tore down I bedded the recoil lug with JB weld and used BLUE locktite on the action and base screws.

Very good advice. While I am in therre I will check it all out for loose screws and such. It has been shooting clover leafs at 100 yds. But still I will check it out. Thanks .

No, Ernie the gunsmith is a website. He sells a lot of trigger springs and even supplies you with the instructions.

All of my regular hunting rifles have had springs from him. The only rifle I use for really long range has a custom trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.