Tried out the Burris ballistic plex for bullet drop

sambo3006

I put a Burris 4.5-14 ballistic plex on my 338 RUM. I am shooting the 225 AB (BC .550) at 3050 fps. I zeroed at 200 yds with a nice 0.79" 3 shot group--I love this gun! I shot 3 shot groups at 300, 400 and 500 yds and my drops were dead on with the hashmarks on the scope. I did not have enough space to shoot 600 yds which would correspond to the bottom duplex on the reticle.
I know that these marks are not going to match up at even distances for every load combo but it is nice that they match up for mine. This reticle is not cluttered looking and the hashmarks are small enough not to obscure the target at longer distances. I'm not ready for dialing in my drops at this point. I'm afraid I would forget where I was at. I'm still learning on doping windage at this point.
Just thought I would give a little report on my experience.

My bud has one on his 300 RUM and it is workiing out well for him as well. I picked up a couple of them last year for different rifles and we stuck one on his RUM.

Your right, for hitting the quick marks they are a fairly decent mount.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.