transfered post

David P. Herne

Mike,
Damnation! That's a beaute!!! I'm so proud of you! And I'm soooooo green with envy! Now don't skimp on a taxidermist.

Incidentally, I found your comments about the frustrations of hunting game like moose and bear reflective of the very reasons why I've gotten to the point where I care little for hunting whitetail deer (i.e. if you do stumble onto them, it's practically in a literal sense).

Best,
Dave

[ 01-11-2004: Message edited by: Houston Boy ]

RBrowning

WOW!
And to think that you call that fun!

Congratulations on the great experience. I hope you get a chance to repeat it someday, especially along side your buddy.

Brent

****!! I guess there was more to that story!!

And I thought getting my last bear up at treeline was a bitch, you put that hunt in perspective!!

Congrats Michael!! images/icons/smile.gif

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, my muscles ache just reading this. I have hunted Dall's sheep in the Wrangell mountains and know a little of what you went through. Twice I was skunked when I had to quit hunting very early because of knee problems. Both were horseback hunts and the big, broad-backed horses loosened up my knee parts and then when I hiked they got dangerously sore so I had to quit.

I sure respect and envy what you did. Nice job!

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
Trust me! I dont want to repeat that hunt! It was rewarding, but.... Its awfull hard on a guys back and knees. I am starting to guide for sheep this up and coming august. I will have to get into MAJOR shape by then. Hopefully I will help some guys get some nicer ones and have even better stories to write. images/icons/smile.gif

Len, who was your guide? Also were you on the Nebesna side or the MCarthy side? Did you see ant sheep or better yet any rams?

[ 01-12-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
We hunted with Terry Overly, which side I don't know. We saw lots of sheep but no legal rams. My son continued hunting when I had to quit. He worked his butt off for 7 days, drew down on one ram at 550 yards. Not quite legal.

dbhostler

Very nice story Michael. What touches me is not the find of a this trophy animal but the greater find of a brother, Charlie. May you both live long and spend much time together.
db

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.