Tract Optics - Top of the line?

The problem with me ordering a Tract is I don't get to look through it before purchase.
I was told that if Tract sold through distributers they would be higher priced.
Oh well,a lot of good comments on optics,a lot of knowledge here!

I feel the same way, but am still leaning towards buying one just from the reputation they seem to be getting. I havent seen many, if any, bad reviews on them.

I'd say you're good to go. I haven't seen a negative review either. There are some naysayers that haven't owned or used one though. Generally those are the ones that feel more secure about themselves if they spent more on their optic, even if it isn't better. The only "negative" is the weight, which for target rifles isn't an issue. If you're bother by a few extra ounces, maybe lift a few extra pounds.
Well, other than the local Cabelas, I can rarely get a hand on anything decent. Even there, I'm looking 60 yards in a well lit environment. I'm either getting stray light or things are just too clear. Until I get it in the field, I feel I'm wasting time looking through an optic to judge quality.

Same with most everything else.

So, after looking at reviews and real user commentary, I go for it. I've had few optics that disappointed me and I feel the experience of buying and looking/shooting many optics has been worth the price.

I bought the Tract Toric 4-20x and it has earned its keep so far.

Lol. Where in the world does this arrogance come from? You don't ask upstarts? You know what there testing methods are? You have the ability to leave them in "the bin of anonymity"? In the immortal words of Sgt Hulka, "lighten up, Francis".
Arrogance from experience of companies using consumers to test their products. When your competitors like nightforce, trijicon et el all used their own resources to test their scopes and make sure they are robust enough to last.
Their testing method is selling scopes to consumers and seeing how they break, then theyll not change the design since its just some other spec scope from low.
Yes- as do all consumers who vote with their dollars.

I agree that it would be great to truly test a scope in the field before buying. I have been fortunate enough to look through several scopes at the range at low light. This really shows where good glass and coatings can make difference. I've never looked the Tract, so I can't really judge them. I have looked through several NF scopes as well as Vortex Razors and it was a meh impression. Nothing bad, but nothing great. To be honest with you, neither provided the low light clarity of the Leupold I was using at the time. I get the desire for robust and rugged dependability. I just don't want to add another 1/2+ lb to a hunting rifle if I can avoid it. If I am on a dream hunt I am going to have a backup in case of mishap or malfunction. Give me a March F and I can check all the boxes.

Great comment Mark37082 and I have had the exact impression until I looked through a Smidth and Bender.That was an eye opener for me 20 years ago.
When it comes to optics, I have not looked through as many scope brands as some here but if anything is better than an S&B I sure would like to look through it.

I have been using my 4-20x50 for about a year now, I have been very pleased, and am glad I chose it over the Leupolds I have been a fan of for decades. It has been over Jeep trail, dropped (stupid mistake), and generally put through the ringer, and no issues what-so-ever. This morning it was banging steel from 100 to 700, and even now it tracks perfectly from zero to maxed out and back again. For the budget I set for myself, I couldn't be happier, look forward to adding their 4.5-30x56 to my lineup.

I have been using my 4-20x50 for about a year now, I have been very pleased, and am glad I chose it over the Leupolds I have been a fan of for decades. It has been over Jeep trail, dropped (stupid mistake), and generally put through the ringer, and no issues what-so-ever. This morning it was banging steel from 100 to 700, and even now it tracks perfectly from zero to maxed out and back again. For the budget I set for myself, I couldn't be happier, look forward to adding their 4.5-30x56 to my lineup.
Made by who?