Top end 22 centerfire suppressor

I recently bought the banish thirty it is direct thread so you have to screw it on and off but I like that I used it on a 6.5 creedmoor for antelope and even my friend who was with me liked it as he was next to me when I shot my buck I have also used it on ar .308 pistol and a 18 inch

Sorry dropped my phone and it sent I was saying an 18 ar rifle in .308 worked great it comes with an adapter for .223 thread pitch. someone earlier stated stay away from silencer central but they have been great for me

Check out the NFA Review channel on youtube. He has done more reviews on silencers than anyone I know of. Might be worth your time.

On a bolt gun, I would recommend you try an Aris from Black Reign Ordnance. I have one from the original mfg that is amazing. Truth told I have never usd it on a gas gun so cant say there. I use it on a 17 hornet and fixed action 223s. It is amazing.
As a general recommendation, I find most people dont mind the results using a 30 can on a 22 centerfire, or they are happier because they can use 6, 6.5, etc where they cant with a dedicated 22 and it isnt really any louder.
Decide on materials, mount system/type and host guns and you will narrow it down quickly. Then hear or use some for a real educated decision. Dont just use dB measurements; tone matters a lot!

Curious, why would you avoid them? I had a good experience and I really like the 2 cans I got through them.
To be fair, I don't have any personal experience with them. When they started getting popular, I looked into them. In reading I found way more bad experiences than good with them. Mainly unnecessary delays like taking and additional 6-8 weeks to get users their suppressors after they had been approved and stamps received.

Also they push the "user serviceability" of their cans when it's completely unnecessary on a center fire can. Even if a person feels that they need to clean their can, manufacturers like Thunderbeast will do it for you. But the reality is, most cans shot on hunting rifles will never need to be serviced and the design of a take apart can seems inherently less durable than a fully welded can.

I'm looking for opinions on best hands down 22 caliber suppressor for centerfire rounds (mostly 223, some 22-250, etc). This would be for a bolt action rifle 96% of the time and I don't need the ability to convert it to bigger calibers if it makes a difference in your advice.

I varmint hunt alot, mostly with the 223, sometimes 22-250. I also shoot a couple thousand rounds of 223 hand loads each year for just all around practice for myself, my kids and wife, and my friends kids. My friends themselves can shoot their own guns and ammo but I like to help all the kids. I do the same shooting with 308 to a lesser degree and I have an older AAC suppressor that exceeds the TSA limits for weight and nitrates ;) but I like it even though I've never owned anything else.

I've looked into surefire 556, dead air. I do not really have any idea where to get real world info, except maybe from the experts here. I'm not really concerned with price, weight, length etc. I just want a really good one I can hopefully clean occaisionally and keep it around for several years to come.

Please give me your suggestions, and also if there's a mount style that works particularly well.

Thanks in advance.

I wanted the lightest shortest that it could be so I run a flat end cap and the direct threaded mount.

I really want to say thank you to all who have supported with their insights and experiences. I read a lot here, and researched a lot on the web which helped me further define my needs.

Also, I reached out to a couple people nearby and actually wiggled my way into a range day with 2 fellows who have some of the suppressors I am leaning towards. I shot three of their suppressors yesterday on my rifle and got to get a good feel for what I am going for. I shot a Thunderbeast Ultra 7, Omega 300, Banish 30, and a Surefire SOCOM Mini. The other one we did not have a thread adapter for. My favorite was a close, but I preferred the TB Ultra 7 although I may even pursue an Ultra 5.

I have come to realize that a dedicated 22 suppressor leaves me with less options, and have decided to go with a 30 cal. I have also decided to rebarrel one of my bolt action 223's to 6x45 sometime this coming year so that will be an advantage already.

Once again, thanks to all for comments, and a special thanks to a couple DM's who really gave me some good advice and information to proceed further on slightly different lines of thinking.

JM

I have all three lengths of Ultra. The 5 lives on a Tikka in 308, cut to 16". It isnt linearly louder than the 7 from the 9, at all. Use one before you buy, for sure. The 9 is amazing, the 7 is great. Comparatively, the 5 sucks. I like mine for the light and handy 308, don't get me wrong. But it may not be what you think it is.

You did yourself well with this question and all the responses. Good thread, gents.

Recent Posts