Top end 22 centerfire suppressor

Baylor243

I'm looking for opinions on best hands down 22 caliber suppressor for centerfire rounds (mostly 223, some 22-250, etc). This would be for a bolt action rifle 96% of the time and I don't need the ability to convert it to bigger calibers if it makes a difference in your advice.

I varmint hunt alot, mostly with the 223, sometimes 22-250. I also shoot a couple thousand rounds of 223 hand loads each year for just all around practice for myself, my kids and wife, and my friends kids. My friends themselves can shoot their own guns and ammo but I like to help all the kids. I do the same shooting with 308 to a lesser degree and I have an older AAC suppressor that exceeds the TSA limits for weight and nitrates ;) but I like it even though I've never owned anything else.

I've looked into surefire 556, dead air. I do not really have any idea where to get real world info, except maybe from the experts here. I'm not really concerned with price, weight, length etc. I just want a really good one I can hopefully clean occaisionally and keep it around for several years to come.

Please give me your suggestions, and also if there's a mount style that works particularly well.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for opinions on best hands down 22 caliber suppressor for centerfire rounds (mostly 223, some 22-250, etc). This would be for a bolt action rifle 96% of the time and I don't need the ability to convert it to bigger calibers if it makes a difference in your advice.

I varmint hunt alot, mostly with the 223, sometimes 22-250. I also shoot a couple thousand rounds of 223 hand loads each year for just all around practice for myself, my kids and wife, and my friends kids. My friends themselves can shoot their own guns and ammo but I like to help all the kids. I do the same shooting with 308 to a lesser degree and I have an older AAC suppressor that exceeds the TSA limits for weight and nitrates ;) but I like it even though I've never owned anything else.

I've looked into surefire 556, dead air. I do not really have any idea where to get real world info, except maybe from the experts here. I'm not really concerned with price, weight, length etc. I just want a really good one I can hopefully clean occaisionally and keep it around for several years to come.

Please give me your suggestions, and also if there's a mount style that works particularly well.

Thanks in advance.
Take a look at Rex Silentium. They also have a QD mount if you like using regular gun cases.

I researched a lot before buying my Omega300 but one thing I found is there is a waning group of cans that are bigger than 22LR and still will break down to clean. The industry go to method these days seems to be welding the baffles in place. The reviews on the can seem to say it's amazing for 22-250 and 223. Although I haven't shot mine yet. It actually was defective from the factory so I had to send it back without shooting it. They seem to be making it right at this point. I'll chalk it up to bad luck and a Friday beer thirty production can. The guy I bought it from said that he has like 8 cans and said the Omega 300 is the quietest and least recoiling of them all and is the can he uses 90% of the time on every caliber it will handle. So take that for what it's worth. Hope it helps.

I have a Saker 5.56 and the Saker 7.62. If you want tough and the ability to go full auto and not melt it, it's gonna hold up. The 5.56 weighs a bit more than the Omega 300.

I also have an Omega 300.

Get the Omega 300. It's quite possibly the best can around. You can buy a 22 cal endcap for it. I should have gotten a second Omega instead of the Saker.

The Saker 5.56 is good. No doubt, but I think the Omega just makes more sense.

You might also take a look at the user serviceable Banish 223 from Silencer Central, I'm not sure how high it's rated but pretty light weight 100% Titanium. I have a Banish 30 and a Banish 22. love them both!

The best hands down suppressor for your .224 most likely isn't a .224 can. If you must have a .224 suppressor the only one I would buy is an OCL Polonium. Otherwise, the best can is likely a TBAC Dominus, Diligent Defense Enticer, OCL Hydrogen. If you're after a hunting suppressor the new SilencerCo Scythe Ti may be fantastic. The Dominus checks both the boxes for a lighter weight, shorter hunting suppressor and great suppression. If you're after harder use the Polonium and Dominus check those boxes. I wouldn't get wrapped up around "full auto" hard use capability. Most of us don't have full auto guns and there isn't a common testing standard that defines hard use. I think a lot of people buy "hard use" cans bc they assume the suppressor can do everything the other model can but it's indestructable. But then we see hard use cans prolapsing with manufacturing defects.

If I had to select a can, bore size wouldn't be on the top of the list. Weight, size, attachment method, construction, firing schedule limitations would take priority. Unfortunately manufacturers don't really design .224 cans for max .224 suppression. They usually go after size, attachment methods, and firing schedules. More applicable if you're putting it on an AR. The top cans for suppression (even on .224) and weight are generally titanium .30 cal cans.

I'll echo the above post. I have a saker 556k I got for my 22 creed. It does a great job and when I compared it the regular length can I figured I could give up a baffle or two to get a more compact can. I'd be hunting in open fields any ways. But before that I had an omega 300 on it. What I found is that since I have a few omega 300's I'd just keep the saker on a SBR. There was zero benefit to me with going to a dedicated 22 cal can for my 22 creed. It was slightly shorter. That was the only benefit. I absolutely love the Omega 300. If it were me, knowing what I know now. Get an Omega 300. If you want a dedicated 22 cal can I'd get it after a can that has more versatility.

Silencer Central banish series of suppressors. Sounds tested, can take apart to clean, Easy pay. Been very great to deal with. Check them out. According to them the 30cal cans do better at sound suppression than the 22 cal cans FWIW.

I am a huge fan of rugged suppressors. If you are going for as quiet as possible I think having a 30 cal can that you can put a different end cap on seems to work really well. If I was getting a can for a bolt gun I would get an Alaskan 360ti and you can put it on nearly everything.

You are going to get hundreds of different responses. My only advice is this:

• Get a 30 caliber can instead of a 22 caliber one
  • Stick with a manufacturer that's been making cans for a long time. All of these newer companies may or may not have the staying power when the suppressor industry slows down from the new, fancy, shiny thing of the day is over. Thunderbeast, Silencerco, Griffin, Hyperion, Dead Air, etc….
Pick the feature set that appeals to you the most and buy it.

Don't buy into the unnecessary ability to take it part and clean it hype. It's not necessary on a center fire can. Thunderbeast will do it for you if you just feel like you have to have it done.

Avoid Silencer Central like the plague.

I am a huge fan of rugged suppressors. If you are going for as quiet as possible I think having a 30 cal can that you can put a different end cap on seems to work really well. If I was getting a can for a bolt gun I would get an Alaskan 360ti and you can put it on nearly everything.
Super pricey and not as quiet. I'd rather have multiple cans than one can I have to swap around.

What you're going to get is a lot of folks recommending what they have or want. Which is fair because in my experience suppressors are very subjective. Especially on the sound level and shockingly pitch plays a role in how it sounds.

Example, buddy shot a 6.5 Creedmoor with a Nomad then turned around and used a Q Half Nelson. I thought the Q was quieter and he thought the Nomad was quieter. It was the tone in the two that were different.

You need to prioritize your needs, you've got your caliber…you need to determine length and weight.

I purposely didn't give you an answer…but my suggestion…get the can with the most volume (that's what makes one quieter most of the time) and is the lightest in the length you want.

I also agree with the guys saying 30 cal. Good luck and do it sooner than later then forget about it until you get the email.

The above post said the same thing but with less nuance. Length > pure volume = quieter because length comes with more baffles. Additional width in a can is quieter when two cans are the same length bc it adds volume. But number of baffles is the more definitive characteristic.