Top 5 hunting rifles under $2K

I've been very happy with my Seekins Havak Element in 6.5 PRC. A PH2 is under $2k and a great value at that price. I've been considering buying one in .300 PRC.

Would Tikka or Sako make for a more accurate rifle?

For the money today, I think Tikka is a hard rifle to beat. At about half the cost, whether it is 80% or 90% of the more expensive rifles mentioned is up to the OP to decide.

In the nominal $1,000 price range, I think Tikka sets a hard threshold to beat in terms of value and functionality.

For the money today, I think Tikka is a hard rifle to beat. At about half the cost, whether it is 80% or 90% of the more expensive rifles mentioned is up to the OP to decide.

In the nominal $1,000 price range, I think Tikka sets a hard threshold to beat in terms of value and functionality.
I agree, and as you can tell from my user name I do like Tikkas. The only thing is that Tikkas only come in long action. I do have a couple of Sako A-7 because they have both long and short actions. But as for accuracy, I don't see much differences but I haven't compared them past 400yrds.

I agree, and as you can tell from my user name I do like Tikkas. The only thing is that Tikkas only come in long action...

That also makes them a really good choice for Intermediate length cartridges like a 7x57 or that old Swede. That way you can load some of those old pre-WW II options. My Winchester really liked that old box of 177gr 7 Mauser's that was likely as old or older than I was at the time! ;)

I recently posted a thread asking about the top 5 under $1K, and got a ton of great feedback. I thought I might see what opinions are out there if I can save up a bit more $$. These are the ones I am looking at so far, all in 6.5PRC:
Bergara Premier Mountain 2
Christensen Traverse
Seekins Havak
Christensen Mesa TI

My optic is set, Leupold VX-5HD. I am still learning the ins and outs of LRH, so a lot that is out there is unfamiliar to me. I know enough to know that I don't know much:) THANKS!!!

Check out the link below. It has aluminum bedding that is bound to be better than my recoil lug only bedded 21 yr old Pro Hunter in 30-06 that shoots 150 Accubonds at 2911fps, sub-half moa to 300 yards.

One hunting rifle? Heresy lol. Seriously, how far are you shooting ? I'd be more inclined to buy a savage or tikka and put some good glass on it.

I recently posted a thread asking about the top 5 under $1K, and got a ton of great feedback. I thought I might see what opinions are out there if I can save up a bit more $$. These are the ones I am looking at so far, all in 6.5PRC:
Bergara Premier Mountain 2
Christensen Traverse
Seekins Havak
Christensen Mesa TI

My optic is set, Leupold VX-5HD. I am still learning the ins and outs of LRH, so a lot that is out there is unfamiliar to me. I know enough to know that I don't know much:) THANKS!!!
I gotta throw that new Savage 110 Lightweight hunter carbon barreled rifle in that group based on the reviews I've seen.

I gotta throw that new Savage 110 Lightweight hunter carbon barreled rifle in that group based on the reviews I've seen.
I just picked up savage 110 ultra lite 6.5 prc with proof barrel for 1204.99 plus tax at sportsman warehouse. Also get 75 dollar rebate from savage. It is a very well balanced rifle. Trigger seems crisp with no creep. I like the three position tang safety. I like the adjustments for factory stock. Not sold on the polymer magazine latch yet. I paid 700 for a proof barrel blank on my custom 30 nosler. Not a huge savage from past experiences but rifle seems solid and knowing price of proof barrel made the decision for me. Once I find some dies I'll send a few rounds but with proof barrel And other reviews I don't think I'll have any issue with accuracy.

I just picked up savage 110 ultra lite 6.5 prc with proof barrel for 1204.99 plus tax at sportsman warehouse. Also get 75 dollar rebate from savage. It is a very well balanced rifle. Trigger seems crisp with no creep. I like the three position tang safety. I like the adjustments for factory stock. Not sold on the polymer magazine latch yet. I paid 700 for a proof barrel blank on my custom 30 nosler. Not a huge savage from past experiences but rifle seems solid and knowing price of proof barrel made the decision for me. Once I find some dies I'll send a few rounds but with proof barrel And other reviews I don't think I'll have any issue with accuracy.
That sounds like the reviews I've seen. The accuracy is excellent in the 6.5PRC Also from the reviews. I'm building a CFW lightweight hunting rig also. No way it can be done for 1250.00. The only part of that entire package I'd be concerned with is the stock. Pick up an Iota Kremlin or Mesa precision stock and you'd still only have under 1600.00 in it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.