Too much jump?

.7mm.

Is there such a thing?

Let's say for instance I have a 25 creedmoor chamber that's throated for really long high bc bullets, but have some 80 grain Varmint bullets that are jumping a half inch into the lands....

I do have such a gun and such a bullet
20240215_163102.jpg
20240215_163009.jpg

My question is has anyone else done this and what was the results?
No. I do not know what you hope to accomplish when you had it throated long and then used a short bullet. The bullets you have pictured would not be my choice. Below would be my choice.

1708045017863.png

But between the two, the second one would be better. Your COAL differences might be .500", but you need to measure the CBTO instead to measure the distance to the lands.

No. I do not know what you hope to accomplish when you had it throated long and then used a short bullet. The bullets you have pictured would not be my choice. Below would be my choice.

View attachment 544112

But between the two, the second one would be better. Your COAL differences might be .500", but you need to measure the CBTO instead to measure the distance to the lands.
Not really trying to accomplish anything

This is just curiosity

I'm not specifically wanting to try this, im just curious what would happen

as mentioned you need to change your way of measuring. flat based bullets like you pictured are not jump sensitive and can be jumped .100 or more pretty easily, have done it many times. remember Weatherby uses huge amounts of free bore and shoot accurately.

Guys, im well aware of cbto and coal
This is a hypothetical question
I'm not looking for a how to,
I just wanna know if its possible and if someone has tried it and what their results were.