Too much camo?

Cfshooter

AFF3EBCD-B932-468D-8A89-B54713D0D07F.jpeg
52F4E9E6-BA5B-4C4B-B18B-52EAF1FD7EAD.jpeg
i know it is a tool, but I would also like it to look good at the same time. I'm about to paint a cheap ADL stock that is on my varmint rifle and was hoping I could get some of your opinions. This is what I was thinking of doing to it, is this too much? Do you think it will look good on the ADL stock?

Not bad at all. Post a picture of your stock, when you finish.
Thanks dok, will do. It is currently with the smith, but should have it done by the end of next week. Still trying to figure out what clear coat to put over it also.

You might do a search on here and get some good info from others that have painted stocks.
I have done a bunch of searching, that has me where I am now. There was some very good posts and info I gathered from others on here. I did see where someone mentioned duracote clear, but it's like $50 a can. This is supposed to be a cheap project. I found some $20 a can stuff that a I may give a try.

Liking the way that wiffle bat turned out! My only suggestion would be to stick with 2, maybe 3, colors tops. Kinda like the Manners GAP camo pattern. If the stock is black, maybe choose a couple of your preferred colors and go to town. Post pics when it's complete.

My only thoughts on this are about seasons,
Were i live in the summer it's brown and dry. Desert sage type stuff, in the winter it's lighter browns and tans with snow.
I think it looks good, what you did, if it suits yearly avg. for we're you are from.
I am no expert by any means.

Liking the way that wiffle bat turned out! My only suggestion would be to stick with 2, maybe 3, colors tops. Kinda like the Manners GAP camo pattern. If the stock is black, maybe choose a couple of your preferred colors and go to town. Post pics when it's complete.
I am going to try another sample with 3 colors and see how it comes out over the weekend. The sample in the pics have 6 colors believe it or not. I was trying to add some depth.

My only thoughts on this are about seasons,
Were i live in the summer it's brown and dry. Desert sage type stuff, in the winter it's lighter browns and tans with snow.
I think it looks good, what you did, if it suits yearly avg. for we're you are from.
I am no expert by any means.
The good thing here in FL, the woods do not change colors too much. I am trying to achieve more of "shadowed" look if that makes sense.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.