Timney Trigger Install Remington 700

General RE LEE

I've got a Rem 700 Sendero I want to swap out the factory trigger with a Timney. I'm semi-retarted but I do have moments of aptitude if I'm really motivated.

How difficult is a trigger swap on a Rem 700? You Tube videos it doesn't look too bad.

I've got a Rem 700 Sendero I want to swap out the factory trigger with a Timney. I'm semi-retarted but I do have moments of aptitude if I'm really motivated.

How difficult is a trigger swap on a Rem 700? You Tube videos it doesn't look too bad.
When you get ready to do it give me a call and I'll help walk you through it. You can also set the trigger to what oz you want, but need to make sure that it doesn't slam fire. PM me
Len& Jill

Suggest place a white towel down under receiver to help catch and prevent parts rolling off bench. Yes from experience! The original Rem 700 trigger will have a top that pivots and there is small spring there that can disappear FAST! This is time to thoroughly clean the bolt stop slot, clean and polish the bolt stop to allow smoother transition with spring. Holland also makes a nice replacement bolt stop spring that is bit heavier so faster lock to bolt.

Use right size punch to push out pins and also hold trigger in place installing.

I'm not sure if it would work in this case, but I'm guessing it will. I will put a big ziplock bag over the parts I'm working on. You can always use a punch/screwdriver etc through the bag. The bag will almost always catch any surprise springs, pins, screws or parts that go
Flying unexpectedly.

+1 to easy..
One caution: Be sure to watch the bolt release lever spring when you remove the pin.
It's not highly sprung, but I had one zing across the room a few years ago.
Found it, but would have sucked to not find it.

Years ago I had to take a barrel to a shop for some work while my machines were not set up. Me "mister know it all" took the trigger apart and left the housing in the action (Ruger MII 77) thinking I had all the springs/components out and stored. Well when I got the barrel/action back there was an envelope containing a micro spring. The young lady that did the work was very careful in the examination/inspection before she did any work. If by chance her diligence was not done, I would have been a very unhappy camper when I assembled the trigger/action and it didn't work. I always had/HAVE an inspection/assembly, disassembly area that has a "Clean Area" so I can find anything (small parts) if I drop them. BUT you can never be too careful with springs. I have had micro springs that were loaded FLY into the unknown regions of this earth never to be found again. Take heed to what T3ninja said. Sucks when you loose a spring or part, sucks even worse if you don't know the part # or where to get a replacement.

Rubber vise jaws or a good piece of leather, one punch, done. Also doesn't hurt to shine up the sides of the bolt release on a hard arkansas stone.

Very easy. Couple of pins and make sure to secure spring. I have replaces many with no issues.