Time to buy a Lightweight Elk Rifle

I have his book. As you say, it is excellent.

If you are going to shoot a light weight magnum rifle with heavy for caliber bullets then I would suggest reading this and following it to a T. And completely ignore everything shooters typically do and use for the LR game. Bipods, cross arm form, and other standard thoughts are going to give you fits!

Hold that Forend!

This is an excerpt from his purchasable content on this topic. It is excellent!

Scot E.

I have a browning xbolt CSS in 270wsm that scoped with a 10x swaro z3 I can still hit steel off a bipod at 700 yds. That rifle weighs 7.4 lbs scoped. I'm not claiming to be a great shooter either. This is prone shooting with a 150 VLD load.

I have a browning xbolt CSS in 270wsm that scoped with a 10x swaro z3 I can still hit steel off a bipod at 700 yds. That rifle weighs 7.4 lbs scoped. I'm not claiming to be a great shooter either. This is prone shooting with a 150 VLD load.

31484029276_42f0233e10_o.jpg

what is the final weight?? I'm looking a t a light build too

I weighed the new rifle. Rifle, scope and rings weigh a total of 9 pounds, 3 ounces. Kahles lists the scope at a weight of 33.5 ounces. That leaves the rifle weighing 7 pounds, 1.5 ounces, less the weight of the rings. Didn't want to disassemble the thing just to weigh the rings, but some other scope rings I have which are similar size weigh 8 ounces for the pair. So, it looks like the rifle alone weighs about 6 pounds, 9.5 ounces.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.