Tikka Varmint or rem 700 custom?

Drofyl

Hi, Im trying to buy my first hunting rifle, but it turns out Im a bit anal with the whole accuracy thing, I'm not shooting 1000yrd competitions but, id like to hit exactly what im aiming at and maybe have confidence of a good shot out to around 500m.
I have a Budget of close to 2000NZD
so far two choices I have narrowed it down to that seam available here. .308

1. Tikka varmint with 20" barrel treaded for about 1800

2. A rem 700 sps tac with a aftermarket stock(bell and Carlson) with full aluminium bedding 20" barrel threaded. have to buy rifle and stock separately. rifle about 1300nzd and stock 600nzd, but I might get some $ back by selling standard stock.

3. I buy a tikka lite with scope(burris) and suppressor(hardy) for 2k and forget bedding and heavy barrels.

Advice appreciated. remember Im not in the US so limited stock choice and Im not really interested in target shooting, just having a better than average, interesting rifle.

the best thing you can do is by new Zealander Nathan fosters book.(google him and look through his website) have a good read of it, afterwards you will probabley change a few things you want. but in the long run you will save time, money and heart ache. it will be the best money on rifles you ever spend.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.