Tikka t3x roughtech vs savage 110 ultralight vs christensen ridge line vs bergara b 14

Just a minor note here: the new T3x tikkas come with a metal bolt shroud, so that eliminates one of the complaints. I have/had tikks, sakos, and a Blaser R8. The tikkas are by far the cheapest of the group, but they all shot well and I liked their slick action and trigger. The only complaint I had is their stock, but even those were not bad. Just my 0.02$ I would buy them again any day, and in fact I just helped a friend of mine buy one a week ago.

I would like to know what are the good the bad and th ugly or theses rifles I own a rifle in savage and christensen but never a tikka.i hear nothing but praise about them and alot of hate towards christensen arms and some don't like savage rifles but I'm wondering how do these compare to each other
Well, IMO these can all be good or so,so rifles, depends on what you want.

Tikka makes a good basic rifle. They make several SKU's of each, but are all too similar at wide price points. The cheapest Tikka 6.5 creed and most expensive are very similar I actual performance, weight, etc. Actions are known to be smooth…one of the smoothest factory action. They are known to have good hunting triggers, the ones I've shot agree. Same with OOTB accuracy. This is a bit debatable as many companies are at sub-moa now. Stocks are injection molded. Somewhere in the realm of ok.

Savage makes a good enough rifle, but always rough. The accutrigger used to be universally pretty good, but has fallen behind and now they make some worse triggers to boot. My bil's feels like a squirt gun/staple gun combo. Their barrels look bad, but often shoot. I've even shot one of their $300 specials sub-moa. A solid tier below Tikka often in feel, but shoot only slightly worse.

Christianson Arms seems like a good enough rifle. They are kind of marketed as premium which means often folks think they are getting a custom rifle in a standard pattern. Often performance doesn't meet expectations and then there is a flame post….I'd have to buy and try to really know on these. They feel like a premium rifle, Win 70 or better, in general.

Same here as most. 2 Savages that both shoot outstanding. Little elbow grease and the action can be good. I have a Tikka superlite 243 that is accurate and smooth in bolt and trigger. I like the T3x better because of the bolt being workable on safe, (T3 isn't) bolt shroud is metal and stock is better also. Buddy has a Christensen arms Ridgeline that shoots excellent but keeps shearing base mount screws. Beded, different size screws etc. 4 times now counting 2 days before deer season. Other than that the weapon shoots out to 1500 yards accurately. Last season two deer at 700 yards. Bergara, I may be able to tell you in a couple of days! I handled one today after doctor app. and may go back tomorrow. I think rifles are like Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota etc. I myself will add again as others have said, (reminding myself of this tomorrow) I have never heard a negative review on Tikka. I'm sure there are some, but apparently they are few and far between.
I'm no pro and there are more experienced folks on here. I have been shooting and hunting 40 + years and loading for 8 to 10 years on a regular bases. Safe bet as of this time is Tikka in my humble opinion.
One question if you don't mind, do you hand load? If this has been ask I apologize.

I wanted a range gun for retirement, after a bunch of lookinag around and contemplatng various guns and what mods I'd make to them, or not, the Tikka TAC A1 started looking like a pretty good off the shelf gun, so, I got one, 24" 6.5CM, has not disappointed in the least. Mags are a lot pricy, but, goes with the turf, and they seem to be good mags, time will tell.
Liked it enough that I bought another one in 6.5, a Western Special version, 24" fluted, to be able to take it out hunting. It hasn't disappointed me either, mags are avail to load a bit longer, swapped the grips on both guns out to the vertical styles. Like the QD pushbutton sling swivels, drilled and installed sockets in the T3X, TAC had them, stock seems to be relatively well reinforced, some type of foam fill in it. Triggers are just fine by me, like the method of adjustment, simple and bulletproof as far as I can see, fit for purpose.
Both shoot well, 5/8-3/4MOA on first tests with one bullet, just tried 5 different bullets in factory ammo, some of it shot MOA+, but one shot really well, one held MOA, one hit speed as advertised on box even, shot somewhat like crap, but. that's life with factory stuff.. Can't complain with that. Handloads have hit .5 MOA in the TAC, haven't tried in the T3X yet, will happy with under MOA, anything better is a bonus with partitions.
For me, I looked at a whack of guns on the shelf, it was similar to what I experienced 30+ yrs ago buying a light 338WM, I had 9 different guns on the counter that day, the second most expensive one won, night and day difference, never regretted it either. These two Tikkas would seem to be fitting in that slot as well, and they were a long way from the most expensive., and they shoot as well or better than some far higher priced stuff I have.

While Bergara is likely the heaviest option from your list (the B-14 Hunter in 300 WM weighs 7.3 lbs bare rifle) it is likely consistently the most accurate, at least from my experience. And especially so with factory ammo. While almost any brand will shoot the 6.5 CM, the Bergara shoots it exceptionally well as it does with almost all of the new PRCs. Just my 2 cents.

The advantage of the Tikka over the Bergara, is the Tikka has a 70 degree bolt lift vs the 90 degree on the Bergara, correct? I sure wish the Bergara would make a 60 or 70 degree bolt.

Tikka by far for me IF I'm not wanting a 300wm or other long magnum. But there's ways to make them work for that if your ok with AICS mags.
Random info: The new 243 is now an 1-8 twist! Finally!
But Tikka is basically perfect for short mags, 6.5 PRC, and of course smaller. The vertical grip option for the t3x is very nice for me.
Trigger and action handle dust ,ice, grit , water, etc far better than most other including high end customs. Slick feeding mags and action feel. Anyway , I like em.