Tikka T3 & WTO SwitchLug

Chris Graves

Anybody out there running a T3 with a West Texas Ordnance SwitchLug and Proof Research barrel. If so, post some pics. I have a T3 action that's begging for something to be done. Thanks in advance.

Chad at Long Rifles LLC has done at least one that I know of and I'm sure other smiths have to.

Last time I spoke to the WTO guys there were working on a switch lug specificily for the tikkas.

It's ready to go. Kim sent me an estimate for the switch lug, mill the action back .100 and double pin the lug. It's very reasonable. I'm planning on building off the platform with 3 barrels. 1st barrel -26" steel chambered in 6.5 SST, 2nd barrel-26" Proof in 6.5 SS and 3rd-26" Proof 300 SS. Later get a MPA chassis for the heavy steel. I already have carbon fiber stock that has pillars and is bedded for the T3. Have a travel case with everything inletted. A grab and go depending on what and where I'm hunting or ringing steel. In my mind it should work.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.