Tikka T3 Lite Mag & rings question

mrgreentie

I have a couple quick questions regarding the Tikka T3 Lite in 300 WSM

1. Can I buy an extended/high capacity magazine for the 300 WSM? If so, where?

2. Can't I use any rings I want on a EGW Picatinny Rail? I see lots of threads asking "where can I get rings for the Tikka T3 Lite" and I'm wondering why are they asking? Is it because you have to use special rings? Isn't picatinny universal and able to use any picatinny compatible rings?

Last edited:
EGW does make a 20 moa rail for your Tikka & you can use whatever rings you want to. I use EGW rings & mounts on my Tikka T3 Varmint rifles. one is a .223 & the other one is a .308. There are other companies out there that build scope mounts to fit a Tikka.

If you don't need the angled base then I would just get the warne steel rings made for tikka. They are rock solid, I use them on my tikka t3 lite 300 wsm. I don't see the need for an additional base unless you want the angled cant, so to be clear you don't need a base at all if you get rings that are made for the tikka. Also there are no extended mags for the 300 wsm

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.