Tikka T3 light accuracy ?

lacajun

Found a T3 light on black Friday for $429 and ended up buying 1 in 308 with a 20 inch tube. I am usually not much on pencil barrel rifles but seemed to good of a deal to pass up so I pulled the trigger. Was wondering what to expect from an accuracy stand point.... thx

Every Tikka I've owned or been around was easily sub MOA regardless of barrel contour with factory ammo. Many are solid 1/2 MOA with hand loads . Put a Yo Dave trigger spring in it and enjoy! If you decide you don't like the stock there's plenty of aftermarket support.

I had a T3 Lite in a .270WSM, it was a darned accurate gun, i never reloaded for it. I would buy another one just for the action if the price were right.
fill the hallow stock with foam:D

Tikka t3 lite 243 bone stock. 5 shots at 100 yards
Screenshot_20171126-185041.png

I have a T3 Light in 300 WSM RMEF model and this is an honest indication that substantiates Tikka's legendary reputation for OOTB accuracy. No B.S what so ever these are NOT the rifles best groups to date.
20170608_130031.jpg

I helped a friend work up a load for his fiancé to use. We loaded a 150 nos bt in his Tikka lt 308 with mid range velocity loads. She has taken two deer, a coues wt last season and a dandy 4 x 4 mule deer this year. It is very accurate.

Two things you can do that I did to my friend's 308:

adjust trigger:

switch to a 30-06 mag box for a longer OAL and alter the bolt stop.

I bought one in 223 and am very happy with its accuracy. Under 1 moa with Hornady factory ammo. My hand loads are easily under 1/2" when I do my job.

I bought one in 7mm-08 last year. Worst shooter I have ever bought. Horribly inconsistent. I know a few other local guys that have the same problems.

After boxes of ammo, pounds of powder, and boxes of bullets it went to get a new barrel.
Rifle $525, new barrel $812. These are Canadian prices.

Bought a weatherby vanguard (cost was $400) for my gf. Out of the box cloverleaf 5 round groups. Hers is a 243.

Now these guns sell for $950-1300 and the new tacticool one is over $2500. Not a chance I would buy another

I bought one in 7mm-08 last year. Worst shooter I have ever bought. Horribly inconsistent. I know a few other local guys that have the same problems.

After boxes of ammo, pounds of powder, and boxes of bullets it went to get a new barrel.
Rifle $525, new barrel $812. These are Canadian prices.

Bought a weatherby vanguard (cost was $400) for my gf. Out of the box cloverleaf 5 round groups. Hers is a 243.

Now these guns sell for $950-1300 and the new tacticool one is over $2500. Not a chance I would buy another

Not every rifle produced by gun manufacturers is going to be 100% accurate.
More to my point, no manufacturing process is 100% accurate. There will always be a dud or two. It's all about the odds.
Tikka seems to produce rifles that have a higher % of being dead on accurate than any other manufacturer in its price point.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.