Tikka T3 .270

chuckyd313

I have just purchased a Tikka T3 in .270. im giving it to my wife but if she doesnt like it i want to do some upgrades to it. Does anybody have ideas on what i should do for upgrades? I dont want to break the bank but i would like to get some more accurate distance out of it. It currently has a composite stock on it. i was thinking about swapping that out too. Any ideas and opinions are welcomed.

Well, first of all I'd give it to her and see how she likes it. Then, based on what she might like to see different, approach the list of modifications from that perspective. The Tikka T3 is an exceptionally fine rifle and out of the box accuracy is about as good as it gets.

The T3 is pretty light so the weight of the rifle may allow more recoil to reach the shoulder than a woman might like.
A limbsaver butt pad does a nice job of softening the impact. Let her try as many scope reticles first hand as you can find (asking guys at the range to let her look through theirs and working what she likes into the type of hunting you intend to do is one approach - a varmint scope usually doesn't work very well for long range hunting of larger game) and making sure the pull on the stock fits her well are some good first steps.

tikkaperformance.com, they have about anything that is offered for that rifle. I have 2 of them and have come to the conclusion that aftermarket parts are hard to come by. that being said stocks, rails, hardware and bolt handles can be had. I just added an adjustable cheekpieceand limbsaver pad to my factory stocked 25-06 and it made a huge difference. they are very accurate and easy to shoot that way, enjoy

tikkaperformance.com, they have about anything that is offered for that rifle. I have 2 of them and have come to the conclusion that aftermarket parts are hard to come by. that being said stocks, rails, hardware and bolt handles can be had. I just added an adjustable cheekpieceand limbsaver pad to my factory stocked 25-06 and it made a huge difference. they are very accurate and easy to shoot that way, enjoy

Which adjustable cheek piece did you add on?

I purchased I from amazon. I was the Matthew's Fabrication kydex cheek rest, bear paw version. its very easy to install and made an immediate difference on my rifle. to me it seems that the kydex rests are all very similar, so I went with the one with free shipping.

My brother has a tikka t3 lite it was very finicky about ammo out of the box we took the stock off the action and there where two plastic nipples hitting the barrel we cut them off effectively floating the barrel it is now a tack driver not sure why there where there to begin with but it shoots now.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.