270 WSM suggestion for Tikka T3

MPHREI

Hey gents. Does anyone have a consensus on factory ammo? With the cost I'd rather not have to buy 4-5 boxes to find a good one. Tikka T3, 23 1/4" from the muzzle to the action. It will just be for deer/hog, I doubt if the range will be much more than 250 yards.

Thanks,
Mike

Before I rebarreled mine it would shoot Winchester Supreme 140 grain Accubonds in one dime sized hole at 100 yds and in a silver dollar at 300 yds. I believe they were CT3 or something black box, black coating on the Accubonds and a red tip. My brother's and two friends that all bought the same rifle have the same results. All Tikka T3 stainless models. My brothers also shoots Federal trophy copper 130 grain in tiny groups as well.

Last edited:
Here's the one's I shot. I've killed several bull elk out to 500 yds with this factory load as well. Deadly. Killed a 230 lb boar at just over 600 yds. Zipped thru him and dropped him on the spot. Quarter sized exit hole. The new ones are called Expedition I believe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211227-114632_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211227-114632_Chrome.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 31
Here's the one's I shot. I've killed several bull elk out to 500 yds with this factory load as well. Deadly. Killed a 230 lb boar at just over 600 yds. Zipped thru him and dropped him on the spot. Quarter sized exit hole. The new ones are called Expedition I believe.
Perfect, thanks. Looks like I'm on an ammo hunt in Houston tomorrow.

Mike

Perfect, thanks. Looks like I'm on an ammo hunt in Houston tomorrow.

Mike
By the way, what scope rings are you using?

Recent Posts