tikka m595 .223

I just put a Nikon Monarch 6-20x 44MM on my Remington 223. wow wow wow

What a great clear crisp scope that sites in fast... Ilike it better than my Bushnell Elite that seems to have an elusive eye set, it takes me a while to find it and that is NOT fun... the Nikon is right there. I would recommend the Nikon Monarch and do as I did: Instead of paying over $400 at a retail store or even online store, I bought a used one for $300 and it is JUST as good as brand new except I don't feel fleeced... so I'm smiling even more when I shoot it... The 223 is a fun fun fun gun to shoot. I hope you enjoy your Tikka and much as I enjoy my Remington... I have heard great things about your model Tikka... and I may get one or a savage next.

BIGBEN

do you by chance have the continental varmint? i have one and love it however, it has a 1 in 12 twist and am not sure about shooting the heavier stuff...any experience? i have a 4 - 14 sightron on mine and like it quite a bit...pretty good scope for the money and durable. i also have a 6 - 20 B&L elite 4000 on my ruger 243 stainless target and really like it. have had no problems with the eye set...another durable scope. i have looked at the elite 4200's but there is something different about them...not the same as the 4000's. might be able to find a 4000 for a steal since they don't make those anymore. i also have a burris (my favorite) fullfield II on a 338 ultra 4.5-14 and is a very good scope...very clear and very durable...just my 2 cents

yes I think it is the continentel varminter. It has a 1 in 12 twist not shot a lot out of it yet going to the rang to see what it likes. Not sure if I am supposed to clean te barrel every time I switc loads or clean every group. Probably going to shot at 100 yds then go to 250 The range I go to does not have a 200 yds mark. Might have to take a portable one with me.

bigben how'd it shoot? great i imagine. when i'm load testing i clean about every 20 rounds or so. as for break in that's a different story. clean after every shot for the 1st 10 rounds then clean every 5 shots until reaching 50

My Remington 700 BDL in 223 caliber has a 1 in 12 twist as well and it seems to like the Black Hills 52 gr and 55 gr soft point.
Topped with the Nikon Monarch glass 6-20x 44MM I can shoot (and see the bullet holes in paper) at 100 - 200 yards with no appreciable drop. 'Hope to head to the range maybe today but most likely tomorrow to see what it does at 300 yards. I like the Black Hills in those grains so far. Consistent.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts