Tikka Customs

I've been looking at the 6.5 prc and 6.5 284, what is the barrel life and difference between velocities? Also the 6.5 Sherman and 6.5 300 pros and cons?

I've been looking at the 6.5 prc and 6.5 284, what is the barrel life and difference between velocities? Also the 6.5 Sherman and 6.5 300 pros and cons?
The Sherman and the 6.5/300 are gonna be the speed kings. The other two are near identical and have longer barrel life. For a hunting rifle, that really shouldn't be an issue.

They look great! What stock is that?

I'm thinking about upgrading my left hand T3 270 to 6.5x284 or 6.5PRC. From the research I've done it looks like 6.5x284 is a simpler conversion as the bolt face doesn't need opening up?
You will have to open up bolt face to magnum to go PRC.

It definitely needs a new extractor. The ejector doesn't need changed. Feed rails need opened up also. And if you go to a magnum window box magazine it will need a rum follower.
Shep

Minor adjustment, but not new.
I talked with a gunsmith about this for my Tikka T3 CTR and the only thing was open bolt face the CTR magazine fits the 6.5 PRC as well.. I was going to do this to my 6.5 Creedmoor and ream it to the 6.5 PRC but it was brand new so I will shoot it awhile first.

The original is made of spring steel and is the right dia. for the smaller head. If you try to bend it out to fit the new size it weakens it considerably. Once you bend it even a little they break real easy. Unless you are going to take the temper out and then bend it and retemper it. I would just spend the 15 bucks and put the magnum one in.
The new ones that just snap in suck in my opinion. The way they are cut out next to the hook make them bend and break just trying to get them out. If you have an old one with the rivet I can see maybe reusing it because it is full thickness metal all the way around.
Shep

semi custom maybe.

300 win mag

tikka super varmint barrel action. threaded to fit T3 terminator

Stock trigger with lighter sear spring

GRS Beserk with Atlas worxs bottom metal

Vortek Viper 6.5-20x56 Mill dot, night force uni-mount 20 moa

UTG bipod.

My first go at a long range gun and at a 1000 mtrs it's going great.
IMG_20200503_163731.jpg

semi custom maybe.

300 win mag

tikka super varmint barrel action. threaded to fit T3 terminator

Stock trigger with lighter sear spring

GRS Beserk with Atlas worxs bottom metal

Vortek Viper 6.5-20x56 Mill dot, night force uni-mount 20 moa

UTG bipod.

My first go at a long range gun and at a 1000 mtrs it's going great. View attachment 191719
I like it. I have looked at one of these myself beautiful rifle.

For guys looking at this, don't overlook the Axial Precision stock. Finally someone made a stock with a true negative comb designed correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts