6.5 PRC Tikka custom

the only Tikka stocks that are limited by short action are the chassis rigs, the ones that have a preset and unchangeable mag well. If you were to go with a manners or mcmillan, you could simply have the factory mag well cut which will work with the LA Tikka mags, or have a LA AI mag setup installed. My mcmillan A3 is cut for the factory DBM setup and I run the tikka LA mags for my 25-06 just fine.

Almost 200 rounds through it now, still shooting awesome. Moose was anchored with a 140gr Accubond @ 275 yards

How would that tikka be in short action with prc or should I stick with long action . Better stocks in sa
I'm pretty positive that with the tikka actions the only difference in long and short is the bolt stop. Which can be adjusted or replaced to make a short action work longer bullets as long as your magazine also can hold the length. At least that's how mine is... I modified my stop on my tikka 270 wsm and Modified the magazine to accept longer seated bullets. Now I'm ready for a 6.5 prc barrel.

Guys I just bought a PRC barrel what bottom metal and mag combo works best? I was considering a manners prs1tk with manners chassis but open to other ideas!

Best option for short mag cases with longer oal in the Tikka is the new billet mags from Hells Canyon Armory. I have a couple, currently a 6.5 saum, and Mike's almost done with my 257 saum and 300wsm. All throated for heavy bullets out of powder space. Oal will be 3.1 or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.