Tikka COAL and Lower Metal Adjustments

I ordered a bottom metal from Atlasworxs out of Australia for my tikka build. I load 195s in my 7 rem mag and have plenty of room in the standard 3.715 AICS mags. I had to do a little bit of trimming to get it to fit in my AG composites stock but nothing too dramatic. I went with them because the bottom metal was flush, the mag release was in the back and they offer a low profile mag release tang that contours to the trigger guard instead of hanging out there like a sore thumb. as with anything there are always small fitment modifications that are needed with custom stuff but nothing a little file cant take care of.
What is the COAL on the 195's? If > 3.50 ish, how did you get the bullet tips not to hit the action?

What is the COAL on the 195's? If > 3.50 ish, how did you get the bullet tips not to hit the action?
I can measure one tonight and get back to you. With my setup and bottom metal you take the spring off the tikka trigger block and can even shave the front block down if need but I don't think that is necessary. It allows a little more setback with the magazine for the room up front. As Grouse also said you can take a little material off the front of the action to allow the ultra long setups to work.

I can measure one tonight and get back to you. With my setup and bottom metal you take the spring off the tikka trigger block and can even shave the front block down if need but I don't think that is necessary. It allows a little more setback with the magazine for the room up front. As Grouse also said you can take a little material off the front of the action to allow the ultra long setups to work.
Yep, I already shaved the trigger, but have not done anything on the front of the actual action. Just trying to see what my options are.

Thanks.

Maybe its a different Mag? I am using the metal Accurate Mags. It could just be the bottom metal difference allowing mine to set back a hundredth or two more. I had to trim the front lip of my mag to get it to seat well but thats about it.

F066767D-99A2-43C3-9D5A-D70ED49F09A0.jpeg