Stretch COAL in my 7mm-08 Tikka

17Fireball

Wondering if I can buy a different Tikka magazine for my T3 Lite in 7mm-08 as it only will go to 2.80" COAL. Looking to get 2.90" COAL and don't really want to single load. Shooting a 154 grain Hornady Interbond under Reloader 17.

Thank you for the reply.

My gunsmith said he could take care of the bolt issue easily if I could indeed get a magazine that would work. Any idea which one I need to buy?

Thanks, Mike.

Mike

I really don't understand the whole spacer thing in the mags. Prevents one from loading many bullets long enough to reach Olgive maximum accuracy.

Can you explain exactly what is done to the bolt to accomodate the longer magazine?

Going back to gunsmith as the bolt will not catch and stay in the gun now. I think he trimmed the claws that hit the bolt stop to provide the bolt the ability to come back a little bit more. Looks like he took too much off as they are not catcing the bolt anymore.

Thank you very much for the video. I appreciate it.

I'm feeding 208 amax's through my tikka varmint 308 @ 3.000" coal. I did Jason's bolt stop mod with a dremel & had no problems. Where I AM having problems is with mag follower. I picked up a long 5 rd mag & it feeds, but the feed lips are short, and the follower tilts too much sometimes. I need to do a stutter move to feed sometimes. The bolt goes back far enough, but because the cartridges tilt, it doesn't always pick em up. I'm working on a do-it-myself fix, and tikkaperformance.com is also looking into a fix. It isn't a deal breaker by any means, just a small pita.

Good luck

if you get tired of it you can send it to me ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.