Tikka 300wsm question

ofl0926

Question for everyone
I want to purchase an xlr element chassis for my 300wsm tikka action with HCA carbon barrel. The barrel was throated to shoot the Berger 215s. Currently shooting 205 Berger elite at 2.914 in length. With the potential of shooting longer bullets, should I get a long action chassis or short action?

You need to order a chassis inlet specifically for the tikka action, there will only be one tikka action length.

Tikka actions are all one length just use different bolt stop depending on long or short cartridge.

You need to order a chassis inlet specifically for the tikka action, there will only be one tikka action length.

Tikka actions are all one length just use different bolt stop depending on long or short cartridge.

Totally understand that and what you are saying
My concern is that XLR with a short action and long action specifically to their mag well.

Is there any reason to go for the short action? mag availability? I know the tikka LA AICS mags are much less common length. Otherwise I see no point in taking the SA, it limits your COAL artificially for no apparent purpose.

You said the barrel was throated to shoot the 215's --- at what coal? Was it throated for a short action mag length or long action mag length? If you aren't sure-- ask the company who throated it

I've got a 300 wsm and went with the long action XLR chassis. Get a long action bolt stop or cut the factory one and you're good to go. Load them about as long as you want