Three down this weekend.

If your able to reload shot shells buy a Couple of packs of .177 BB,s and mix up a duplex load with number four lead. Cheaper and very lethal.
Good idea if you reload, I'll just keep paying, pretty well stocked for at least a year, man does Apex put a round together, waiting on a couple more boxes 3.5 in bb's about 2.5 ounces, wow !

The spent casing goes out the window of the plane or chopper you don't get to reload them . When you go out for a full day over snowy ground and get 15 to 25 coyote in a day that's a lot of money on shells but not nearly as much as the plane or helicopter costs to operate . Not to mention so much of the country isn't really suitable to do that type of control work so it's done on the ground and at closer ranges then normal for me but shot guns are still interesting and used here . I just haven't used tungsten shot but have done a lot of machining of steels with it so wondered how it affected the barrels and chokes . Thank You for the information .
As far as my 24000 acre backyard goes it's shotgun only till late fall, however good shooting in farm country an hour away awaits me.

AWESOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Great hunting!
$16.00 per round. Would be cheaper to shoot Gold!
we don't shoot 3 1/2" 12gauge, but have a case or two of 3" 12 & 20 Gauge Hevi Shot and other non lead Geese/Duck/Turkey loads". Could use for Yotes. After all these years still have not hunted Yotes with a Shotgun. Will have to try it. At least have plenty of Shot shells that were really cheap compared to today prices.
Just setup the chair outside the garage and Night - Coyote rig to possibly get some Armidillos tonight. Rain is moving in so they should be out in our yard. Depends on how long I stay up.
Do the 12s happen to be old Remington shells in #6. They quit making those and thats what my Turkey gun likes

Ohlongarm , that's interesting I went for over 36 years and never stopped hunting coyote here . I normally only took maybe 10 or 15 days a year off from hunting them and that was for holidays with my family . We don't have a season on them and rifles are allowed 365 days a year here . When ever I go back to see my brother that lives in southern Indiana I feel closed in but people that come here ask where are the trees and feel too exposed . The coyote fox and racoons are classified as varmints and no license is required for them but you should get a trapping license as badgers are considered fur bearers but don't have a season on them and you need a furbearers trapping license to kill them . If you are going to ariel hunt you need to have a federal license as an areal gunner and the pilot has to have a federal license to fly to hunt them . Coyote and fox are then only allowed to be ariel hunted .

n
Do the 12s happen to be old Remington shells in #6. They quit making those and thats what my Turkey gun likes
Yes
Rem Hevi Shot
Rem Hydro Steel
Win Blind Side
20 & 12 gauge
We bought several cases of each off I think Midway. MidSouth. Sportsman Guide when they were on sale PLUS Manufacture"REBATES".
If you could but these today they would cost 3-4 times as much.
Also bought 15 cases of Rem 20 gauge Quail/Dove 7 1/2 & 8 shot from Bass Pro around the same time. Came out to just a couple Bucks per box (25).
Those were the "Good Ole Days"

Ohlongarm , that's interesting I went for over 36 years and never stopped hunting coyote here . I normally only took maybe 10 or 15 days a year off from hunting them and that was for holidays with my family . We don't have a season on them and rifles are allowed 365 days a year here . When ever I go back to see my brother that lives in southern Indiana I feel closed in but people that come here ask where are the trees and feel too exposed . The coyote fox and racoons are classified as varmints and no license is required for them but you should get a trapping license as badgers are considered fur bearers but don't have a season on them and you need a furbearers trapping license to kill them . If you are going to ariel hunt you need to have a federal license as an areal gunner and the pilot has to have a federal license to fly to hunt them . Coyote and fox are then only allowed to be ariel hunted .
What federal office does one go to procure an aireal gunner license?

USDA WILDLIFE SERVICES . you want a good pilot that pays attention to flying and doesn't pay attention to the chase . I have lost a couple of friends . One of the pilots that I ground crewed for often was low on a coyote went into a turn and wasn't watching the closeness to the ground and caught a wing tip . Both him and the gunner died . I can't tell you how many air craft have been lost due to hunting coyote . I know of two , a chopper and a fixed wing that caught power lines . and a couple that caught raises in the ground with the landing gear because they were too low and didn't have the power and lift to get up fast enough pilot error . Pucker factor can be high at times especially in fixed wing air craft . You use a left handed 12 gauge auto loader so the hull ejects out the window to the rear of the plane you want to not shoot too far forward so that you don't hit the strut or any other part that keeps you aloft . A lot of insurance companies won't cover you for medical or life insurance and getting your aircraft covered is out of the question for the most part , any thing to do with air craft guns and hunting coyote is a red light for them . Donneric check with your Wildlife Services office in your area they can't let you fly and gun in their aircraft but they will most of the time let you ground crew for them as a volunteer worker and get you going in the right direction .

kgarrett , The sounds change with the seasons , the locations change some with the temperatures and water supplies where I live . For me I like to use the sounds that nature is providing at the time of the year , fawn blats in late spring early summer rabbit in the fall more then summer spring ect. coyote vocalizations in winter from November till late April but that's just me a lot of people will tell you that I'm full of it .

I've never coyote hunted in the summer. Only fall/winter. Do you use anything different for calls/strategy in the spring and summer?
Spring time like right now use "Fawn" calls and decoys.. Deer ar birthing right now in ost areas. Use the same in summer with rabbit & Bird distress. also use decoys . If on powerlines/open areas I use a Red Tail hawk with moving wings.

kgarrett , The sounds change with the seasons , the locations change some with the temperatures and water supplies where I live . For me I like to use the sounds that nature is providing at the time of the year , fawn blats in late spring early summer rabbit in the fall more then summer spring ect. coyote vocalizations in winter from November till late April but that's just me a lot of people will tell you that I'm full of it .
I called three in this weekend with fawn distress this will work until July anyway, and coyote pups in distress is prime now also, most dyed in the wool yote killers are on the same page.Not saying baby bunny distress won't work now , they will dozens of recent out of nest cottontails around. Turkey distress works well also, try the aforementioned various calls and you'll hit upon a winning combo. I called my coyotes at the Tranquility wildlife are in Adams County Ohio, about 4500 acres , I wasn't hunting but showing my nephew how to call properly, according to wildlife officer Gun Kiebel this area sees hardly any callers on the acreage. I was on time restraints visiting relatives or I would have shot at least 2 of the 3.