thoughts on zeiss conquest scopes

[ QUOTE ]
Zeiss returned a scope I sent in for Warranty work, the rubber eyepiece looked like it was installed by a six year old on a Monday morning. Sent 12/20/06--returned 2/23/07.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have another Zeiss in for warranty work. They have had the scope since 2/23/07, 46 days now. Rather than repair it, I've been told it will be replaced with a new one. How nice!!! Problem is, they don't have it!!!!
Called my supplier to see if there is a shortage of Zeiss scopes, was told they are readily available if I would like to purchase one. Explained to their customer service my problem, their response was that is rediculous they (meaning Zeiss) have a warehouse full. Their words.
Have spoke with a Zeiss factory rep who said my supplier JSC would be issued a credit and they would send me a new scope. That was over a week ago.
Meanwhile I've called Zeiss's customer service twice and have not received the courtesy of a returned phone call.
Just a "heads up" to what you might experience purchasing a Zeiss Conquest!!!!

Before posting this I called the factory rep again. Did managed to speak to him and was told he contacted customer service, which e-mailed him back saying they would look into the problem.

Well how enlightening. I want a great scope. Forget about Zeiss now. I have an old B&L 4200 6x24x40 (7 years)with zero problems. Perhaps I'll buy the new Bushnell 30MM . I wonder just how much better the glass is in the Zeiss over the Bushnell elite?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Zeiss returned a scope I sent in for Warranty work, the rubber eyepiece looked like it was installed by a six year old on a Monday morning. Sent 12/20/06--returned 2/23/07.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have another Zeiss in for warranty work. They have had the scope since 2/23/07, 46 days now. Rather than repair it, I've been told it will be replaced with a new one. How nice!!! Problem is, they don't have it!!!!
Called my supplier to see if there is a shortage of Zeiss scopes, was told they are readily available if I would like to purchase one. Explained to their customer service my problem, their response was that is rediculous they (meaning Zeiss) have a warehouse full. Their words.
Have spoke with a Zeiss factory rep who said my supplier JSC would be issued a credit and they would send me a new scope. That was over a week ago.
Meanwhile I've called Zeiss's customer service twice and have not received the courtesy of a returned phone call.
Just a "heads up" to what you might experience purchasing a Zeiss Conquest!!!!

Before posting this I called the factory rep again. Did managed to speak to him and was told he contacted customer service, which e-mailed him back saying they would look into the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Got my Zeiss back today. 48 days. As they said, a NIB scope. I'm kinda nervous about mounting it, the one I sent back was giving me 1" clicks @ 100 yds.

[ QUOTE ]
Well how enlightening. I want a great scope. Forget about Zeiss now. I have an old B&L 4200 6x24x40 (7 years)with zero problems. Perhaps I'll buy the new Bushnell 30MM . I wonder just how much better the glass is in the Zeiss over the Bushnell elite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't make your decision based on one persons experience!

Jon
Was wondering if you would comment on my last posts. Actuelly was thinkin' bout giving you a call for my future scope needs. Almost sounds like we are dealing with two differnt products. Makes ya wonder how one dealer can have less that 1% warranty work and another 33% warranty work on the same products. Anyhow with your 15 day return policy your customers are well treated, much better than I am by my supplier. JSC gave me the name of the factory rep, thats as far as they would go.
I have three Zeiss Conquests on my personal guns at the moment, four counting the one just returned. Course being a new scope its not proven as yet, would of preferred it being repaired rather than replaced. For my vision Zeiss optics are great, I just can't get a Leupold scope to focus clear. That why I stick with them, once I get them sorted out I love em. I should add, after the initial hassle with a new one I've never a problem with one and I've been afied where other scopes have failed.
I could write off four bad scopes in twelve as just a run of bad luck. Sometimes bad luck comes in lumps. But the turn around time on my warranty work is inexcuseable. 48 days on this last scope and over sixty days on the previous one. Not one word of an apology for taking so long.
BTW; Lookig for a Zeiss sun shade for both 50mm and 44MM without any luck. They are available though their customer service at $50.00 apiece, when the going price is in the $25-30.00 range for any other manufacturer.
Phil

[ QUOTE ]
For my vision Zeiss optics are great, I just can't get a Leupold scope to focus clear.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the main reason why I just replaced my Leup. with a Zeiss Conquest. Right now, I'm extremely satisfied, though I haven't shot more than 20 rounds using the new scope.

just came from the range shooting my 300rum and 300 wsm w/ a zeiss 3-9 conquest on it.
tracked exact, and have about 100 rounds under it now.
i really like mine, from reading what some of you here say, i'll just keep an eye on it to see if it goes south.

but so far it's great....!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts