Thoughts on Wilson Arms Barrels?

308cal

What are your thoughts on the Match Grade hand lapped Wilson Arms barrels that are used on Cooper Rifles? What other brand and grade rifle barrels can they be compared to?

Had a Wilson on a rock river ar that shot better than I would have guessed it could . Cleaned up easy to and I never babied it

I won a cooper back in April 2015. I've been very impressed with accuracy and ease of cleaning. Barrel doesn't seem to build up hardly any copper at all mostly just a little powder fouling. I ran it up to 30 shots between cleaning one time and it was just as easy and fast to clean as when I go 10-15 shots.

morning, have custom 300WM with a 27.5 w/o brake. shoots bug holes. left hand

remy. barrel contour 5.5. this Wilson barrel is very good barrel. shoots 168,180

200grs in the same 1.50. group. the 168's 10 shots in a .500 100yrds.

food for thought. friend of mine had a 300wmAI. 3 shots .350. 300wm is a very

good long range cartridge--caliber 308.lightbulb

I've had 5 Coopers and every one was a shooter. I have a 22-250 that started out shooting reliably in the .3's. Now that it has several thousand bullets through it and the throat is gone, it is only a .5 MOA barrel. As soon as it goes to .6 it will be replaced with another Wilson barrel.

This is what my Cooper in 6.5-284 does with 5 shots at 100 yards after 6 seasons and over 600 shots. The barrel holds its POI for at least 75 shots, warm or cold, and cleans well with little or no copper build up. I have used the same load since bought, and the zero has stayed within a couple of clicks since. I have only used it only for hunting, some practice, and a little rock busting. I have taken over three dozen antelope, deer, and coyotes to 1200 yards. My buddy's Coopers produce similar performance. I think they make an impressive rifle, and the Wilson barrel grade they use is top notch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 173
I have a cooper Phoenix 6.5x284 and that thing is a tack driver love rifle and the barrel . Here is a 2 shots at 605yards, wish i could do that all the time,

Attachments

• NCM_1411-1.jpg
    NCM_1411-1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 158
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.