Thoughts on Ruger Rifles?

this my m77 300wm has hart barrel mcmillian stock timney trigger. my smith did all the good stuff to the action and piller bedded it. i've shot some groups under 3 inchs and a couple under 1 1/2 at 500 yds
fawwhd.jpg

this my m77 300wm has hart barrel mcmillian stock timney trigger. my smith did all the good stuff to the action and piller bedded it. i've shot some groups under 3 inchs and a couple under 1 1/2 at 500 yds
fawwhd.jpg
I know this is an old thread but I was just browsing. What coating do you have on your rifle? Did you start off with SS or Blued?

I Will have to agree with, a few of the guy's on here that stated " Rugers make great hunting rifles" I own , rem 700's win 70's and ruger 77's my rifles are all sporter type rifles used for hunting and 500yds is a long shot... for that purpose i'll take a 77 or 70 hands down any day. This being a long range forum i realize alot of you guy's are building custom rifles that weigh 15lbs and are shot at 1000yds off the bench, feeding one round at a time. I notice alot about savage rifles on these forums, and alot of guy's using them, i find that ironic ... because i have owned a few savage rifles in my time.. none are still here.. all were model 110's... all were junk. I suppose i could have spent the money to customize them to bring them up to snuff, different stock, different trigger, different barrel, replace the plastic trigger guard, magazine floor plate ect... or i could just buy a 77 and leave it as it is, and go hunting ! if i was facing a big brownie or hunting the wilds of Alaska for some other game i would take a 77 over a savage ANY DAY!!!! i'll leave them for the guy's that like to Tinker and shoot off of a nice comfortable seat at the bench, on a nice sunny day, but when the going get's tough and you demand the most from your rifle..... hand me a ruger 77.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.