Thoughts on a new range finder. Possibly a ballistic calculating unit

mudygmc

Hey guys after this season and some issues with my leica. Im thinking it might be time to upgrade my range finder. My 6 or 7 year old leica 1600-b is the newest range finder that I have really any time with. Im not really brand loyal. Basically looking for most user friendly best bang for the buck unit. Im not a computer programmer so something fairly straight forward to use would be nice. I dont plan to shoot across an ocean but something in the 2k yardage range would be nice. I would like to upgrade to a unit with ballistic software and aid in hunting situations would be nice. I would probably need it to be Bluetooth or be able to externally input data. If it wasn't for the obsidian app for my atn night vision. I can't see good enough to go through the settings on the unit alone. I have a pair of swaro EL 10x42 binos so range finding binos would probably be out. I'm looking for input from guys who have used them in real world hunting and shooting situations. Alot of comparisons are done in a limited testing enviornment. I'm not too crazy worried about price but prefer not to have to sell a kidney to make a purchase. If you've ran the sig kilo, g7 terraquin any of the other decent models. Id love some feed back.

Adam

I have owned many different Laser Range Finders from a standard Bow hunting model To the latest that is a ballistic range finder. I have the G 7 and i am very happy with the ability to range and get a shooting solution That matches the ballistics of my different loads. I have successfully ranged deer at 1800+ yards and it is supposed to go beyond
That on soft targets. (I have not found anything past that to verify any more).

It is also good enough to use as binoculars so you wont have to carry both.

I bought mine from the Long range Hunting store and was very happy with lens customer service.

Definitely one to look at.

J E CUSTOM

I just got a new Sig 2400LRH BDX. It talks to my phone and matches my known ballistic profile well. For instance at 50 degrees and 5500 feet I know my come up is 6.1MOA. I put my data in and ranged a target at 517yards. The rangefinder spit out 6.25 MOA so it seems to work well and I got it on sale for $349.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.